sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Conor McGregor's Coach Drops Major UFC Return Update after 'Spiritual Awakening'
Home>MMA>UFC>UFC News
Updated 12:46 18 Nov 2025 GMTPublished 12:42 18 Nov 2025 GMT

Conor McGregor's Coach Drops Major UFC Return Update after 'Spiritual Awakening'

The Irishman is set to return to the octagon in 2026

James Taylor

James Taylor

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Conor McGregor's coach has revealed that the Irishman is set to make a return to the UFC following a 'spiritual awakening.'

McGregor has now not fought in over four years, after he suffered a broken leg in his defeat to Dustin Poirier in June 2021.

The Irishman was set to return to the octagon in June 2024 to face Michael Chandler, but the fight was cancelled after he sustained an injury during a training camp.

However, McGregor is determined to make a comeback in 2026, and he has made it clear he wants to appear on the card for UFC White House on June 14.

Advert

His coach John Kavanagh has also now confirmed that they are fully committed to preparing him for a return in 2026.

Speaking to Ariel Helwani, he said: "On our end, we're 100% in. He's asked me to basically lay out a program between now and June of how we'll ramp up our training.

Conor McGregor has not fought for more than four years (Image: Getty)
Conor McGregor has not fought for more than four years (Image: Getty)

"He's back in the gym most mornings early and he's having fun with it...

"He's already tasked me with putting together a team of suitable training partners.

"Like I said, if it's Conor's choice, he's in. I don't know how it will work with the UFC."

Away from the octagon, McGregor has been involved in a civil sexual assault case.

In November 2024, he was ordered to pay €206,000 in damages and costs to Nikita Hand, who accused him of rape in a Dublin hotel in 2018.

McGregor appealed, arguing that his answers to police interviews should not have been presented to the jury.

In July 2025, all three senior judges at the Court of Appeal in Dublin rejected the appeal on all grounds.

Conor McGregor speaking in the White House (Image: Getty)
Conor McGregor speaking in the White House (Image: Getty)

Since then, McGregor has spoken publicly about his renewed faith and about how he has found God.

Ahead of the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship (BKFC) in October, he said: “I am not here just by chance. There is a higher power, God, that dictates my journey.

“I live my life by God’s word, and since the last event, I have engaged in a spiritual journey.

"I’m saved. I’m healed."

McGregor's 'spiritual journey' was another topic that Kavanagh discussed with Helwani.

"I'm not saying anything that he hasn't already said himself, but he had a bit of a spiritual awakening, a bit of a journey," Kavanagh continued.

"And there's a bit of a different vibe with him at this stage.

"Like a lot of the time he comes to the gym, the family are coming down, it's a family day out, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes."

Featured Image Credit: Ariel Helwani Show via X

Topics: Conor McGregor, UFC, MMA, John Kavanagh

James Taylor
James Taylor

James is a sports journalist who specialises in football and Formula 1. He has written for publications such as The Times, MailSport, Sunday Express, Sunday Star and Manchester Evening News. Throughout his career, he has interviewed international footballers and rising Olympic stars. In his spare time, he has the misfortune of being a season ticket holder at Manchester United.

X

@James_Taylor_02

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

22 days ago
23 days ago
24 days ago
  • Getty
    22 days ago

    Ariel Helwani left stunned as former UFC star admits wild pre-fight superstition that his children 'don't like'

    Ariel Helwani was in disbelief as the MMA fighter revealed the never-before-seen ritual.

    MMA
  • Stacy Revere/Getty Images/Stungunkim
    23 days ago

    New Conor McGregor sparring footage leaks as comeback fight date and opponent confirmed

    The former UFC champion is back in training camp following the confirmation of his comeback fight.

    MMA
  • Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC
    23 days ago

    Ariel Helwani confirms Conor McGregor return as date and opponent named

    The former UFC champion will finally make his return to the octagon against an unexpected opponent.

    MMA
  • Getty
    24 days ago

    UFC fans convinced Paddy Pimblett has leaked his next opponent

    The Liverpudlian has not fought since losing to Justin Gaethje in January.

    MMA
  • Conor McGregor 'Blocked' From Marrying Dee Devlin as Rules Revealed
  • Donald Trump Has Demanded UFC 322 Star Be on White House Card
  • Conor McGregor's next fight 'announced' at press conference as UFC fans left stunned
  • Conor McGregor's staggering UFC payslips 'leaked' as Irish fighter tipped to finally make return