Jon Jones confused MMA fans with bizarre 'don't kill me' tweet as UFC star posted FIVE now-deleted messages
| Last updated
UFC legend Jon Jones left his legion of fans worried after posting a series of cryptic messages on Twitter before deleting his tweets.
Jones made his long-awaited return to the octagon earlier this month and produced a stunning performance on his much-anticipated climb into the heavyweight division.
The 35-year-old American star destroyed France’s Ciryl Gane inside the first round after locking in a devastating submission hold to secure his win at UFC 285.
Jones, who vacated the light heavyweight title in 2020, lifted the UFC heavyweight championship in Las Vegas to secure his place as a two-weight champion.
However, The Daily Mirror reports that ‘Bones’ took to Twitter on Sunday and ‘posted five unusual tweets in the space of seven minutes.’
Jones bizarrely posted in his first tweet: “Don’t kill me.”
Following on from the aforementioned tweet, the UFC heavyweight champ posted: “Don’t kill you either.”
Jones continued in another tweet: “Being nice conversation.”
The future UFC Hall of Famer said in his second-to-last post: “Erase this year?”
Finally, Jones wrote in a tweet: “Twitter says.”
Jones’ tweets were later purged from his Twitter account, but not before MMA fans noticed the two-time light heavyweight champ’s posts.
One Twitter user said: “Uh oh, Jon Jones has been tweeting crazy stuff again.”
Someone else commented: “Not jumping to conclusions and I hope all is well.”
Former two-time UFC heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic, who is tipped as Jones’ next opponent, is keen to dethrone ‘Bones’ in a super-fight in July.
“Honestly, I thought it was going to a decision,” he said at the UFC 285 post-fight conference.
“I didn’t know how Jon was, he took three years off but hats off to him. You see some things, I’ll keep them to myself but I definitely see some things [I can use].
“It’s a fight, he won, good for him. Hats off, but unfortunately, he’s got to fight me in July.”