• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Wilfried Zaha has been offered mind-blowing wage by Saudi club, he reportedly wants more

Home> Football

Updated 17:40 9 Jul 2023 GMT+1Published 17:36 9 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Wilfried Zaha has been offered mind-blowing wage by Saudi club, he reportedly wants more

Zaha is currently weighing up offers from a number of clubs, including PSG and Napoli.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images

Topics: Wilfried Zaha, Crystal Palace, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Pro League

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack is a Senior Journalist who enjoys a long read. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day, and has interviewed a handful of FM's finest, including Freddy Adu, Supat Rungratsamee and Mika Aaritalo.

X

@jackkenmare_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Saudi Pro League side Al Ettifaq have submitted a written offer to Wilfried Zaha worth a reported £16 million-per-season, with details surrounding the lucrative deal emerging.

Zaha, who is a free agent after his contract with Crystal Palace expired on July 1, is currently weighing up offers from a number of European clubs, including Paris Saint-Germain, Napoli and Galatasaray.

All of the above have held negotiations with the forward's representatives in recent days, according to The Guardian, while Lazio and Fenerbahce remain interested having submitted contract offers.

Advert

Saudi-based club Al Ettifaq are also keen on making a deal happen. In fact, manager Steven Gerrard has already held 'constructive talks' with Zaha over a recent video conference call, say The Daily Mail.

As mentioned earlier, the 30-year-old Ivory Coast international is being offered an eye-watering sum of $20 million [£16m] a season.

That being said, Al Ettifaq's deal to sign Zaha has stalled after the player's advisors asked for 'up to £7.5 million' more. "There is not a bottomless pit of money and we will not be held to ransom," a Saudi source told the publication.

It was reported last month that the former Crystal Palace forward would reject a £30 million per-year deal to join Cristiano Ronaldo at Al Nassr – a figure that equates to around £600,000 per-week.

Advert

Palace, meanwhile, have tried their utmost to keep Zaha at Selhurst Park ahead of the new campaign. They are said to have offered the player £200,000-a-week in an attempt to persuade him to sign a new contract.

The former Manchester United forward, who has notched 90 goals and 76 assists in 457 appearances for The Eagles, is their third most-capped player of all time.

Image credit: Getty
Image credit: Getty

READ MORE:

  • Man Utd to miss out on millions with Wilfried Zaha contract clause set to expire at midnight

Thoughts on Zaha's future? Let us know in the comments.

  • American media make their feelings clear on Wilfried Zaha after his MLS debut for Charlotte
  • Wilfried Zaha addresses rumour about David Moyes' daughter as he opens up on 'lowest point of his career' at Man Utd
  • Wilfried Zaha is already 'encountering problems' at Lyon as manager discusses 'fining' winger
  • A breakdown of Jhon Duran's wage at Saudi side Al Nassr has emerged and it's truly life-changing

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty ImagesGetty Images
    an hour ago

    Alexander Isak transfer domino goes into overdrive as 'deal agreed' with days remaining in transfer window

    Alexander Isak's move to Liverpool could be getting closer amid reports that two other transfers are on the verge of getting over the line.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    an hour ago

    UEFA's latest response to banning Israel after Europa League clubs 'make urgent request'

    European football's governing body has made its feelings clear.

    Football
  • EAEA
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool's EA FC 26 ratings 'leaked' and fans have been left in disbelief

    The latest edition of the game will be released in the UK on Friday, September 26.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    3 hours ago

    Antony sends 14-word message after Man Utd transfer saga takes new twist

    The Brazilian winger is the subject of a confusing transfer saga between Manchester United and Real Betis.

    Football