sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Al Nassr announce Sadio Mane transfer with bizarre video featuring new chant in ex-Liverpool star's honour
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 08:02 2 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Al Nassr announce Sadio Mane transfer with bizarre video featuring new chant in ex-Liverpool star's honour

It's a bizarre video.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Former Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has left Bayern Munich to join Cristiano Ronaldo at Saudi Pro League side Al Nassr.

The 31-year-old endured an underwhelming campaign at Bayern last term, netting just 12 goals in 38 games.

Indeed, his most memorable moment in Bavaria was a physical altercation with Leroy Sane in the Manchester City dressing room after losing a Champions League game.

Bayern CEO Jan-Christian Dreesen said the former forward - who has signed a four-year deal with Al-Nassr - had not had an "easy year" since moving from Anfield.

Advert

"He was not able to contribute as much as we all and he himself had hoped," said Dreesen.

It has been widely reported that Bayern have recouped much of the £35million they paid Liverpool for Mane last summer.

Meanwhile, Mane becomes the latest talent from Europe’s top five leagues to make the switch to Saudi Arabia, where he is allegedly set to pocket a staggering £34million-a-year (£650,000-a-week).

And Al Nassr announced the Senegal star’s arrival with a bizarre video that featured the tune to a new chant for the attacker.

As seen in the above club, the song goes: “Sadio. MANE. Running down the wing. MANE. Hear Nassrawis sing. MANE. We're all bouncing in Riyadh!”

Mane is also featured in the clip, dancing along to the song before barrelling the camera, and saying: 'Can't wait to hear from you in the stadium, see you here!'

Al Nassr also have five-time Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo in their ranks, while this summer they signed Croatia midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, Brazil full-back Alex Telles and Ivory Coast midfielder Seko Fofana.

Earlier on Tuesday, Bayern boss Thomas Tuchel said he and Mane agreed “it was the best solution to untie the know”

"We had a long, big hug and we both agreed we don't like what's happening now, but we think it's for the best in this situation," said Tuchel.

"Sometimes things don't work out as everybody wants. I have always had a very good relationship with him and this will stay.

"I can totally understand he feels hurt and I also wouldn't feel happy if things like this happened.

"Obviously it's something that we didn't bring into the full potential, which is my responsibility, but in this particular situation it was the best solution to untie the knot."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Al Nassr, Sadio Mane, Premier League, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Pro League, Bayern Munich

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

6 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    6 mins ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Cristiano Ronaldo's furious actions spotted after Al Nassr lose AFC Champions League Two final
  • Cristiano Ronaldo left 'in tears' after unthinkable scenario plays out in Al Nassr game
  • What just happened between Cristiano Ronaldo and Sadio Mane after Al Nassr won a penalty has left fans stunned
  • Cristiano Ronaldo 'Goes on Strike' And Is 'Refusing to Play For Al Nassr'