sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Ruben Neves 'to stay in the Saudi Pro League' despite Arsenal and Newcastle interest
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 09:45 21 Nov 2023 GMTPublished 09:27 21 Nov 2023 GMT

Ruben Neves 'to stay in the Saudi Pro League' despite Arsenal and Newcastle interest

It's big news.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Ruben Neves is expected to stay in the Saudi Pro League in January despite interest from the Premier League, it has been claimed.

The Athletic's David Ornstein has reported that Neves is not expected to leave Al Hilal in the January transfer window.

Despite only joining the Saudi Pro League from Wolverhampton Wanderers in June on a three-year deal for £47million, the Portugal international has been heavily linked with a return to the Premier League.

Indeed, the midfielder has been linked with Arsenal while Newcastle United are also said to be interested following their loss of Sandro Tonali to a 10-month suspension over gambling offences.

Advert

But Neves is expected to stay at Al Hilal. He is said to be happy and settled at the Riyadh side and has established himself as one of their key players.

He will reportedly remain at Al Hilal until at least the end of the season, having assumed even greater importance since the outfit lost Neymar to a serious knee injury.

Amid Newcastle's interest there had been speculation of a Premier League rule change. Newcastle and Al Hilal share the same majority shareholder — Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF).

Amid growing scrutiny around associated party transactions, the Premier League are set to hold a vote at its shareholders meeting next Tuesday that recommends potential switches like this to be blocked in the winter market.

But regardless of the outcome of a vote, as things stand the Athletic claim that Neves will remain with Al Hilal for the time being.

There have reportedly been no approaches or negotiations for the 26-year-old so far, and unless there is a sudden U-turn he will continue to represent the most decorated club in Asia.

Al Hilal are currently top of their AFC Champions League group and into the King’s Cup quarter-finals. Meanwhile, they sit four points clear at the Saudi Pro League summit after 13 of 34 games, with second-place Al Nassr, who feature Cristiano Ronaldo, already struggling to bridge the gap.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Pro League, Ruben Neves

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Ruben Amorim confirms Bruno Fernandes transfer plans amid reports of sensational Saudi Pro League move
  • Cristiano Ronaldo’s Saudi Pro League Earnings Since Man Utd Exit
  • How much Cristiano Ronaldo has earned in Saudi Pro League since Man Utd exit as he confirms Al Nassr stay
  • Why Man Utd forced Chido Obi to stay in the academy this season despite debut under Ruben Amorim