• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Romeo Lavia has made opinion on Liverpool transfer clear with Chelsea 'pushing' to hijack deal

Home> Football> Transfer News

Published 15:36 14 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Romeo Lavia has made opinion on Liverpool transfer clear with Chelsea 'pushing' to hijack deal

Lavia has made his view clear.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Southampton midfielder Romeo Lavia has already made his opinion on his future clear as Liverpool and Chelsea both attempt to sign him.

It is the second transfer saga involving both clubs in a matter of days, following the battle to sign Moises Caicedo from Brighton.

Liverpool had a British record £111 million fee accepted for the Ecuador midfielder, but reports claimed that Caicedo told Brighton he only wanted to sign for Chelsea.

The Blues then raced to complete a deal, eventually agreeing another British record fee of £115 million with Brighton. The deal is yet to be confirmed, but barring any late issues, Chelsea will win the Caicedo race.

Advert

Then, to Lavia. As per Sky Sports, Liverpool have agreed a £60 million fee with Southampton for the 19-year-old, having previously seen three bids rejected for not meeting the selling club's £50 million valuation.

But the Caicedo saga - and Liverpool's committed spending - has no doubt allowed the Championship side freedom to have a rethink over their asking price.

Chelsea, however, are also interested in Lavia, and it is reported that they were close to an agreement with the Saints last week.

As a result, Liverpool and Chelsea could once again do battle for a top midfielder - and the player himself has already made his stance clear on his future.

Romeo Lavia has given opinion on future

According to CBS Sports reporter Ben Jacobs, Lavia is 'open' to joining Liverpool after the club's long pursuit of his signature this summer.

As a result, it is different to the Caicedo saga, with the Southampton midfielder not directly ruling out a move to Anfield. Jacobs adds that, from a Southampton perspective, it will be down to the player to decide which club to join.

He tweeted: "Not quite the same as with Moises Caicedo, who was set on Chelsea.

"Lavia has spent much of the summer telling Liverpool he is keen on joining prior to Chelsea formally entering the race. And Liverpool have moved quickly and with a higher offer than Chelsea's last bid."

Lavia was not included in the Saints squad for their 4-4 draw with Norwich in the Championship on Sunday.

Speaking after the match, manager Russell Martin said (quotes via Southern Daily Echo): "He has been great while his situation has rumbled on for a long time. That needs to draw to a conclusion quickly for him, for us and for everyone really.

"It's eeking slowly towards a conclusion and I think we have been preparing for life without him for the six weeks we've been here."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Romeo Lavia, Liverpool, Premier League, Chelsea, Southampton, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

14 hours ago
16 hours ago
17 hours ago
20 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    14 hours ago

    Darwin Nunez targeted by two Premier League clubs as talks take place

    Nunez has scored nine goals in 24 appearances for Al Hilal this season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    16 hours ago

    Gareth Barry explains why he'll be 'sad' after James Milner breaks Premier League record

    Milner has broken the record for the most appearances in Premier League history.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    17 hours ago

    Theo Walcott predicts where Real Madrid would come in the Premier League

    Wayne Rooney also made a prediction.

    Football
  • Getty
    20 hours ago

    Zinedine Zidane reaches verbal agreement on return to football

    The Frenchman has been without a managerial role since leaving Real Madrid in May 2021.

    Football
  • Romeo Lavia facing backlash from Chelsea fans for cryptic post days before Premier League opener
  • Cole Palmer has made his feelings clear on Liverpool as Chelsea star linked with shock Anfield transfer
  • Chelsea Fans in Disbelief at Cole Palmer Comment on Romeo Lavia's Instagram Post
  • David Ornstein confirms Romeo Lavia has made decision between Chelsea and Liverpool