sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Fabrizio Romano confirms Alex Telles transfer with Man Utd set to bank at last £4m from sale
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 11:18 19 Jul 2023 GMT+1Published 11:00 19 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Fabrizio Romano confirms Alex Telles transfer with Man Utd set to bank at last £4m from sale

Romano confirms the Telles transfer.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Fabrizio Romano has confirmed Alex Telles is set to leave Manchester United for the Saudi Pro League.

The United defender will complete a move to join former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Al Nassr for an initial fee of around £4million.

Romano tweeted on Wednesday: “Alex Telles to Al Nassr, done deal and here we go! Agreement ready after deal revealed earlier today. Understand Manchester United will receive £4m fixed fee plus add-ons.

“Told salary will be 7m net per season plus add-ons.”

Advert

Telles spent last season on loan at Sevilla, where he won the Europa League with the La Liga side. Of course, their run to the final featured a quarter-final victory against the 30-year-old’s parent club.

The Brazil international, who joined United from Porto in a deal worth up to £15.3million in October 2020, has had a relatively difficult time at Old Trafford.

The full-back made 50 appearances for the Premier League giants, scoring his only goal for the club in a 2-1 Champions League victory over Villarreal in the 2021-22 season.

Indeed, one of Telles’ most memorable moments at the club was when he was involved in a training ground bust-up with youngster Hannibal Mejbri during Ralf Rangnick's tumultuous reign - an incident which the Sun claimed left the rest of the United squad “stunned”.

Man Utd transfer business

It appears to be a one-in, one-out policy at United, with the club set to announce the £47.2million signing of Inter goalkeeper Andre Onana.

The Old Trafford side will reportedly pay an initial £43.8million for the Cameroonian, with the additional £3.4million to be paid in add-ons.

United hope to complete the move ahead of their upcoming tour of the United States, though they will have to arrange a visa for the 27-year-old.

The shot-stopper, who previously worked for Erik ten Hag at Ajax, will join on a five-year contract, with the option of a further year.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Manchester United, Transfers, Premier League, Alex Telles, Andre Onana, Fabrizio Romano

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

6 hours ago
7 hours ago
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Saudi Pro League announce major rule changes after Cristiano Ronaldo's comments
  • Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr have 'verbal agreement' in place to sign Alex Telles from Man Utd
  • Fabrizio Romano confirms Manchester United have held talks over Axel Disasi transfer
  • Liverpool to receive 'premium' fee for player as Fabrizio Romano confirms transfer