sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Fabrizio Romano reveals Liverpool have 'made contact' over stunning transfer less than 24 hours after Carabao Cup defeat
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 13:42 17 Mar 2025 GMT

Fabrizio Romano reveals Liverpool have 'made contact' over stunning transfer less than 24 hours after Carabao Cup defeat

Liverpool were beaten by Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool have reportedly made contact over a potential summer transfer less than 24 hours after losing the Carabao Cup final.

On Sunday afternoon, Liverpool's hopes of winning their first trophy of the Arne Slot era went up in smoke against Newcastle United at Wembley.

Eddie Howe's men were the better side from the off as Liverpool produced yet another dismal performance.

Goals from Dan Burn and Alexander Isak were enough to secure a 2-1 victory, ending Newcastle's 70-year wait for a major trophy.

Advert

Less than 24 hours after the disappointing defeat, it has been claimed that Liverpool have already started the groundwork for a potential marquee signing in the summer.

Fabrizio Romano drops huge Liverpool transfer update

Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano has claimed that the Reds have made contact to sign Isak from Newcastle.

In his latest YouTube video, Romano said: "Arsenal want Isak, (Benjamin) Sesko is the other name on the list.

"Liverpool are also there for Alexander Isak, already made some contact with the people close to the player."

He continued: "Both clubs are interested in Alexander Isak, for Arsenal, he is the absolute top target, for Liverpool, he is one of the names they are considering in that position.

"And we will see what Newcastle want to do because they keep insisting they want to keep the player. But, we know, when there is important money on the table, sometimes, it is about the financial fair play and all these things."

Alexander Isak has been linked with both Liverpool and Arsenal. Image: Getty
Alexander Isak has been linked with both Liverpool and Arsenal. Image: Getty

Romano also hinted that Liverpool could part ways with two current attackers, in the shapes of Darwin Nunez and Luis Diaz.

Both players have attracted interest from Saudi Arabia and around Europe over the last year and they could be offloaded in the summer if the right offers arrive.

Liverpool will return to Premier League action on April 2 when they take on bitter rivals Everton at Anfield.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Alexander Isak, Carabao Cup, Fabrizio Romano, Football, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Champions League

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Mo Salah did something in Carabao Cup final he's not done in 391 previous Liverpool games
  • Liverpool player 'said yes' to extraordinary summer transfer hours before Carabao Cup final loss to Newcastle
  • PSG's official account aims savage dig at Liverpool after Carabao Cup final defeat to Newcastle
  • Eddie Howe was blown away by what Liverpool players did after Carabao Cup final defeat