sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Mo Salah new contract could open door for Liverpool star’s exit amid Barcelona interest
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 12:20 12 Apr 2025 GMT+1Published 12:15 12 Apr 2025 GMT+1

Mo Salah new contract could open door for Liverpool star’s exit amid Barcelona interest

Salah, 32, has finally extended his stay at the Premier League leaders - but this could spell the end for another Liverpool star.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Mohamed Salah extending his contract at Liverpool could spell the end for another attacker – and it’s not Darwin Nunez.

Salah, 32, has been the subject of widespread speculation for much of the 2024/25 campaign, during which he has scored 27 Premier League goals.

Aside from his impressive form, Arne Slot and Liverpool supporters were, no doubt, concerned about losing him but on Friday (April 11) they got the news they had been waiting for as the club announced that the Egyptian had extended his stay at Anfield for at least another two years.

Advert

"It's great, I had my best years here,” said Salah. “ I played eight years, hopefully, it's going to be 10. Enjoying my life here, enjoying my football. I had the best years in my career.

"I would like to say to [the fans], I am very, very happy to be here. I signed here because I believe we can win a lot of big trophies together.

"Keep supporting us and we'll give it our best, and hopefully in the future, we're going to win more trophies."

However, another attacker could leave this summer according to Spanish outlet SPORT.

The publication claims that Luis Diaz’s future could be impacted by Salah staying at the Premier League leaders. The Colombian has two years left on his current deal meaning he could warrant a decent fee with the club wanting a reported €75m (£65m).

Luis Diaz has been linked with a move away from Liverpool (Credit:Getty)
Luis Diaz has been linked with a move away from Liverpool (Credit:Getty)

Diaz, 28, joined the Reds from Porto for a fee of £45m in January 2022 and has registered 38 goals and 23 assists in 142 appearances for the six-time Champions League winners.

Barcelona have the strongest interest in the winger with sporting director Deco reportedly keen on bringing the 28-year-old to the La Liga outfit.

However, a potential transfer to Barca could be scuppered as Saudi clubs Al Nassr and Al Ahli are capable of offering more money than the Catalan side.

Luis Diaz's father on Barcelona interest

Diaz was linked with Barca in the summer of 2024 and his father gave his thoughts on a potential move during an interview with WinSports November in 2023 - he admitted that the winger was "a loyal Barcelona fan".

"Truth is that I know very little about Barcelona at the moment," said Diaz's father. "It is true that Luis is a loyal Barcelona fan and it would be his dream to go there... There would be no problem if Luis came to Barcelona because it is a top team and one of the best in the world."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Premier League, Football, Arne Slot, Luis Diaz, Transfer News, Barcelona

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

22 mins ago
an hour ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    22 mins ago

    Liverpool 'reach agreement' over first transfer of summer window

    The Reds are closing in on their first summer signing before the final weekend of the Premier League season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Man City told potential date for long-awaited 115 charges verdict ahead of Pep Guardiola's exit

    Pep Guardiola's departure from Manchester City comes as the gavel bangs to deliver the verdict on Man City's 115 charges

    Football
  • Hayters
    an hour ago

    Roberto De Zerbi gives his take on Cristian Romero missing Tottenham's final game of the season

    Romero will watch boyhood club Belgrano take on River Plate instead of Sunday's game in North London.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    7 players Thomas Tuchel hasn't included in England World Cup squad who should feel hard done by

    Tuchel might regret some of his decisions.

    Football
  • Arne Slot risks fresh Mo Salah row with pointed response to Liverpool 'standards' claim
  • Liverpool consider U-turn to sack Arne Slot after Mo Salah comments, with FOUR replacements considered
  • Former MLS star slams Arne Slot’s role in Premier League victory after Mo Salah post
  • Every Liverpool player that liked Mo Salah's brutal Instagram post that exposes Arne Slot