• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Liverpool fans outraged after hearing what's next for the club following Martin Zubimendi rejection

Home> Football> Transfer News

Published 07:41 13 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Liverpool fans outraged after hearing what's next for the club following Martin Zubimendi rejection

Liverpool have failed in their bid to lure Martin Zubimendi to Anfield.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

Liverpool fans have been left fuming after hearing what the Reds plan to do next after being rejected by Martin Zubimendi.

Last week, it was revealed that Liverpool have identified Real Sociedad star Zubimendi as their primary target as they looked to improve their midfield options.

At first, it was claimed that Zubimendi was very tempted by a move to Anfield but it was then reported on Monday night that the 25-year-old has rejected the chance to move to Liverpool.

Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano wrote on social media: “Martín Zubimendi rejects Liverpool after he did the same with Bayern and Arsenal opportunities in the recent years. Unconditional love for Real Sociedad, as he’s staying; open to signing new deal.

“Contract proposal from Sociedad way lower than Liverpool’s contract bid.”

Advert

After missing out on Zubimendi, Liverpool fans are hoping the club will go for an alternative target before the transfer window closes.

However, it has been widely reported that it is currently unlikely Liverpool will bring in an alternative number 6.

Daily Mail reporter Lewis Steele wrote: “As per Spanish reports, told that Martin Zubimendi has rejected Liverpool. Unlikely that the Reds go in for another No 6 this summer. Richard Hughes believed the Spanish midfielder had given his word.”

Image
Getty

Advert

Reacting on social media, one fan said: “What an absolute joke, the owners have zero ambition for Liverpool.”

Another tweeted: “Richard Hughes absolutely embarrassing. Going into the 3rd season in a row without a top number 6. This club deserves failure. Another year without a title because of the higher ups incompetence.”

A third fan added: “All the fanfare with this new recruitment set up it was built to deliver this is not supposed to be the outcome.”

Someone else wrote: “Omg I'm not an FSGOut maniac but it does make you wonder if they go for these players knowing they won't sign, just to pretend to show ambition!”

Advert

A fifth commented: “‘Unlikely that the reds go in for another No6 this summer’ Why are we actually the worst run club.”

Liverpool will kick off their 24/25 Premier League season this weekend when they travel to Portman Road to take on newly-promoted Ipswich Town.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Liverpool Transfer News & Rumours, Real Sociedad, Football, Fan Reactions

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • an hour ago

    Benjamin Sesko drops massive hint on his next club after Arsenal rejection and it's caught everyone off guard

    The RB Leipzig star has been strongly linked with several big clubs this summer.

    Football
  • 2 hours ago

    Bryan Mbeumo transfer saga takes new twist as Brentford give clearest indication yet on Man Utd target's future

    Mbeumo remains a Brentford player - but the club are now planning for life without the Cameroon international.

    Football
  • 2 hours ago

    Man Utd could finally land new striker signing in genius swap deal involving Jadon Sancho

    Ruben Amorim could be set to bring another big name into his Manchester United squad.

    Football
  • 3 hours ago

    Cristiano Ronaldo made three bold comments that have all come true after Chelsea's Club World Cup final win over PSG

    The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star's views have become reality.

    Football
  • Martin Zubimendi 'makes decision' on Liverpool transfer days before start of Premier League season
  • Liverpool player exit could cause transfer domino effect leading to Martin Zubimendi deal
  • Liverpool eyeing further signings after Martin Zubimendi as five-man transfer list revealed
  • Martin Zubimendi has made his feelings clear on Real Sociedad transfer as 'love' for Liverpool legend revealed