sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Chelsea 'enter' bidding war for shock Conor Gallagher replacement as Atletico Madrid move edges closer
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 17:57 4 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Chelsea 'enter' bidding war for shock Conor Gallagher replacement as Atletico Madrid move edges closer

Conor Gallagher looks to be on his way out of Chelsea this summer.

Matthew Holt

Matthew Holt

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Chelsea are reported to have sounded out a potential replacement for midfielder Conor Gallagher.

The 24-year-old is said to have snubbed the Blues advances of a new three-year deal with Atletico Madrid said to be interested in the England international.

Enzo Maresca's side have already recruited well with seven players having arrived at Stamford Bridge, with another move now cited.

Advert

According to reports from Sky Sports, Celtic midfielder Matt O'Riley is liked by the hierachy at Chelsea.

The 23-year-old scored 18 goals to help Brendan Rodgers' side to another Scottish Premiership title in 2023/24.

Fellow Premier League side Southampton, who have already had a £14 million bid for the Denmark international rejected, are also showing interest in the talented midfielder.

Gallagher is said to be closing in on a move to La Liga, with a transfer worth £34m cited in recent days.

It is worth noting a sale for the Three Lions international would count against the Premier League Profit and Sustainability Rulings.

Conor Gallagher captained Chelsea on Saturday (Image: Getty)
Conor Gallagher captained Chelsea on Saturday (Image: Getty)

Gallagher featured for England at Euro 2024 this summer and did insist there was work to be done to clear up his contract situation.

Despite having played 50 time for the Blues last term, Gallagher looks to be heading for the exit door.

"I am a Chelsea player right now. Like I said, I am thinking about England and the tournament," said Gallagher earlier this summer, when quizzed on his future at Stamford Bridge.

"I've been focusing on England. This is the most important thing right now for me. I just want to start the tournament now."

Gallagher came through the ranks at Chelsea and progressed into a pivotal part of former manager Mauricio Pochettino's plans last season.

New manager Maresca did provide an update on the situation last week, insisting he has no new news on the matter.

He said: "The only thing I can say is I know he is in contact with the club to find a solution. The club offered him a new contract. But this is, at the moment, the only news I received.

"Also because they know that when we are in competition or working, I like to be focused on what we have here. That is, in this moment, this game and then the Real Madrid game."

Maresca added: "For me as a manager, it is the most important thing. Just to focus on the most important thing that is the pitch."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Celtic, Chelsea, Conor Gallagher, Football, Enzo Maresca

Matthew Holt
Matthew Holt

Matthew is a Freelance Sports Journalist who also works for Manchester United, FourFourTwo and Reach PLC. He supports Scunthorpe United.

X

@_mattyholt

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Chelsea fans have already started to turn on one summer arrival after moment against Man City
  • Chelsea fans are calling for one player to be sold after seeing what he did in humiliating defeat to Celtic
  • Chelsea boss Enzo Maresca and Reece James speak out on Enzo Fernandez 'racist' chant video
  • How Chelsea could line up with Victor Osimhen and other signings as huge names dropped in Enzo Maresca's new-look team

Choose your content:

11 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty
    11 mins ago

    Harry Kane intervened and made sure Thomas Tuchel picked one player for England squad

    Three Lions player's name 'came up constantly' despite Tuchel's anger over attitude in training

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Real Madrid 'considering' Sunderland player as first transfer of Jose Mourinho era

    Jose Mourinho is reportedly willing to get rid of a number of big stars but could do some shopping in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    EFL Championship play-off final sees Wembley Stadium make historic stand naming decision

    Wembley Stadium will make history this weekend, with a major change made for a good cause.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Enzo Maresca set to raid Chelsea at Man City as talks held with 'desired' transfer target

    Enzo Maresca is already looking to make his mark at Manchester City as he prepares to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football