• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Neymar looked broken after nightmare scenario plays out in second game back for Al Hilal following 369 days out

Home> Football> Saudi Pro League

Updated 21:13 4 Nov 2024 GMTPublished 21:03 4 Nov 2024 GMT

Neymar looked broken after nightmare scenario plays out in second game back for Al Hilal following 369 days out

The Brazilian has played just 42 minutes since returning from his ACL tear.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

Neymar's much-anticipated comeback for Al Hilal has been cut short after the Brazilian forward suffered a nasty-looking injury during Monday's AFC Champions League clash against Esteghlal FC.

The 32-year-old forward, who joined Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal last summer in a deal that earns him a reported £378,000 per day, has been limited to just seven appearances for his new club.

While playing for Brazil in their 2026 World Cup qualifier against Uruguay last year, the Brazilian ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his left knee, which required surgery to repair the damage.

Advert

After a total of 369 days out, the former Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain winger finally made his comeback last month, when he replaced Nasser Al Dawsari in the 77th minute of their AFC Champions League clash against Al Ain.

But almost two weeks later and Neymar looks set to be on the sidelines again after he suffered a reported hamstring injury during Monday's win over Esteghlal.

After starting on the bench, Neymar was introduced in the 58th minute by manager Jorge Jesus but just 29 minutes later, he signaled to be substituted and was replaced.

Footage soon emerged of the Brazilian throwing his shinpads and boots away as he looked devastated by the unfolding events.

Advert

Here's how fans reacted on social media.

One said: "It might be finally time for us all to accept the fact that his body can’t handle professional football anymore," while another wrote: "Neymar injured again? Football is so cruel ."

A third commented: "I feel so sad for this guy. I just hope this injury isn’t too serious."

A fourth wrote: "It's safe to say Neymar needs to call it a day. His body can't talk all these injuries," and a fifth added: "It’s crazy how unlucky Neymar is, just came back from an ACL and in his second game back already he has already sustained a hamstring injury."

Advert


Fabrizio Romano confirmed that Neymar will be assessed by Al Hilal staff after suffering the apparent hamstring issue.

It has been a frustrating few days for the winger, who failed to make Brazil's 23-man squad for upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Venezuela and Uruguay.

Advert

Speaking to reporters, Brazil manager Dorival Junior explained his decision.

"We decided not to bring him so as not to rush things," the 62-year-old said. "He's practically fully recovered, but he only had a few minutes, which weighed heavily on the decision.

"He was willing to be here but he also understood the situation, the condition he is in, the lack of minutes] on the field. We have to respect the club's process. A player of his level always has the pleasure of being here. This is very important to us, even though he is not in full condition."

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images

Topics: Neymar, Saudi Pro League, Brazil

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack is a Senior Journalist who enjoys a long read. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day, and has interviewed a handful of FM's finest, including Freddy Adu, Supat Rungratsamee and Mika Aaritalo.

X

@jackkenmare_

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Neymar has earned a staggering amount at Al Hilal as he closes in on surprise transfer
  • Al Hilal make official contact with Premier League superstar to replace Neymar in sensational summer deal
  • Neymar provides update following latest injury setback for Al-Hilal
  • Neymar didn't hold back when responding to Al Hilal manager Jorge Jesus after brutal comments about his fitness

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • EA SportsEA Sports
    4 hours ago

    Man Utd player ratings on EA FC 26 leaked as fans left stunned by squad

    There are a number of significant changes compared to EA FC 25.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    4 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel's true feelings on Trent Alexander-Arnold revealed after England snub

    Trent Alexander-Arnold has been left out of Thomas Tuchel's latest England squad.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    5 hours ago

    UEFA 'receive urgent request' over Maccabi Tel Aviv as Israeli team draw Aston Villa in Europa League

    Maccabi Tel Aviv are Israel's only representative in the group stages of this season's European competitions.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    6 hours ago

    Scott McTominay has made his feelings clear on Kobbie Mainoo amid Napoli transfer rumours

    The Napoli midfielder previously played alongside Mainoo during his time at Manchester United.

    Football