Florentino Perez Forgets Tottenham Are One Of England's 'Big Six' In Hilariously Painful Moment
Florentino Perez somehow forgot Tottenham when naming the English clubs involved in the European Super League during his revealing interview.
Leading European football clubs announce new Super League competition. #THFC :white_circle: #COYS
- Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) April 18, 2021
And the 74-year-old hilariously failed to name all six Premier League sides joining the controversial project in a moment of painful viewing.
The Real Madrid president was rattling off England's 'big six' - but struggled to remember Spurs until the host reminded him of the North London outfit.
Perez forgot the name of Tottenham :sob::sob::sob: pic.twitter.com/MFgUN1XKgW
- joel (@wengite) April 19, 2021
Super League president Florentino Perez fails to name all six Premier League clubs joining the league #mulive [@elchiringuitotv via @arnie1886] pic.twitter.com/XkmYcxK9Xx
- utdreport (@utdreport) April 19, 2021
Florentino Pérez appears to forget that Tottenham are one of the six English clubs participating in the European Super League. pic.twitter.com/FOcOXCcWNd
- Zach Lowy (@ZachLowy) April 19, 2021
Needless to say, Perez's slip up got fans talking online.
One wrote: "Okay we know it's something we all don't want, but if the man forgets Spurs that has to mean something."
A second tweeted: "Tottenham is not even know by the ESL President I think they should bail out of the competition now."
A third added: "Of course he forgets Spurs LOL."
A fourth added: "Tottenham are getting thrown about."
Perez claimed the ESL is here to "save" football and said it would be a way of financially rebuilding following a turbulent period amid COVID-19.
He explained: "Many important clubs in Spain, Italy and UK want to find a solution to a very bad financial situation.
"The only way is to play more competitive games. If instead of playing the Champions League, Super League helps the clubs to recover the lost earnings.
"Even in the Premier League, if the top clubs are economically stronger, all the other clubs will also become stronger. It is a consequence.
"We want to dialogue with UEFA as we proposed in the Super League, we want to save football."
Featured Image Credit: El Chiringuito
- Florentino Perez Placing Real Madrid's Latest Champions League Title In Trophy Cabinet Is The Ultimate Flex
- Real Madrid president Florentino Perez gives brutal response when asked if he will re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo
- Real Madrid President Florentino Perez Claims Erling Haaland Is Only Good Enough To Make Their Bench
- Kylian Mbappe's Whatsapp Message To Florentino Perez Rejecting Real Madrid Revealed