Antonio Conte has called out one of his star players, challenging him to put his talent into the team and not just play for himself.
Conte has wasted no time in putting his stamp on Tottenham after replacing Nuno Espirito Santo earlier this month.
He's banned tomato ketchup and mayonnaise from the club canteen in a bid to improve fitness.
The no-nonsense Italian manager has now challenged Tanguy Ndombele to work harder and make the most of his talent in order to break into the starting XI.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference, he said: "I have seen that many managers struggle about this situation, about the position.
"Tanguy has the quality. At the same time, he has to understand that there is a team and he has to play into the team. I think it means that it is important to keep order and to do what the position asks you to do.
"For sure with Tanguy we are working. We are working very hard. He has to work much more than the others, because he has talent but he has to put this talent into the team for the best of the team, not for the single player.
"In my football, I have an idea and in this idea there are tasks for the players. Every singleplayer has to know what he has to do. Otherwise, if every player just goes and runs around the pitch, I think it will be a mess."
:speaking_head: "He has to work much more..."#THFC boss Antonio Conte says Tottenham's Tanguy Ndombele needs to work harder and make the most of his talent in order to force his way back into contention at Spurs.pic.twitter.com/yioGQ8wiah- Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) November 19, 2021
Ndombele has failed to make a big impression at Spurs since signing for a club record transfer in 2019.
He's shown glimpses of his undeniable talent but has yet to reach his full potential.
The France international has made 11 appearances in all competitions this season, weighing in with two goals.
The 24-year-old made his most recent outing as a substitute in his side's goalless draw at Everton.
Spurs, meanwhile, resume their Premier League campaign at home to Leeds United on Sunday.
Featured Image Credit: PA/Sky Sports
- Tottenham Hotspur won't offer Antonio Conte a new contract
- Antonio Conte Hints At Quitting Spurs In Extraordinary Interview After Defeat To Burnley
- Thomas Tuchel and Antonio Conte nearly come to blows in heated exchange after Spurs equaliser
- ‘I was fooled’, former Chelsea man brutally rips into Antonio Conte