sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd take League Two wonderkid on trial in move that could anger Gary Neville
Home>Football
Published 15:08 9 May 2023 GMT+1

Man Utd take League Two wonderkid on trial in move that could anger Gary Neville

It could anger Gary Neville.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United have taken a League Two wonderkid on trial in a move that could anger Gary Neville.

United are stuttering at a crucial stage in the season, having fallen to back-to-back defeats against Brighton and West Ham in the past week.

In turn, the club’s Champions League hopes are looking more precarious than seven days prior. The Old Trafford club are fourth in the table, just one point ahead of Liverpool, though with a game in hand.

However, Erik ten Hag’s men also have one eye on the summer window. United have been tipped to recruit a new forward as a priority, while the club are also said to be keen on a new midfielder, centre-back and right-back.

Advert

And while United have been linked with mega-money deals for the likes of Harry Kane, Victor Osimhen and Jeremie Frimpong, they’re also looking further down the English pyramid.

Man Utd take Salford star on trial

According to the Sun, United have raided Salford for Kelly N'Mai, with the Dutch winger having undergone a week-long trial last month.

The 19-year-old, who has made 11 appearances for the League Two outfit, was given a run-out during United’s U21s clash against Leicester City last Friday.

N’Mai committed his future to Salford back in 2021 having been signed a year earlier.

However, the League 2 club, who are part-owned by Gary Neville, will reportedly not stand in the way of the youngster should United’s development side decide to sign the Dutchman.

Erik ten Hag’s side would reportedly have to pay compensation to Salford should they wish to make the move for the youngster permanent.

Meanwhile, Neville was at the centre of the celebrations as Salford made the League 2 play-offs on goal difference. The club, who were beaten 1-0 by Gillingham on the final day, finished the season on 75 points alongside Mansfield.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Football, Manchester United, Gary Neville, Premier League, Transfers

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    6 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Gary Neville drops Man City 115 charges theory that makes Ian Wright say 'Really?'
  • Gary Neville fumes at 'ridiculous' VAR decision in Man United vs Nottingham Forest
  • Gary Neville is 'Staggered' Man Utd Refuse to Sell One Player
  • Gary Neville Worried About 'Awkward' Man Utd Star Who Is 'Well Off It'