• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Manchester United are 'now seriously considering' one sale outcome as takeover twist emerges

Home> Football

Published 15:11 15 Apr 2023 GMT+1

Manchester United are 'now seriously considering' one sale outcome as takeover twist emerges

A journalist has dropped a new Man Utd sale update.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A respected journalist has dropped a key update on the status of a Manchester United sale amid reports of a new party preparing to enter the process.

US-based private equity firm Carlyle are prepared to make a 'significant investment' into the club.

Sky News claimed on Saturday morning that the firm has pitched a proposal to acquire a minority stake in the club, which is currently owned by the Glazer family.

However, Carlyle declined to comment on the reports, and the amount of capital they would be prepared to put forward is also unclear.

Advert

There are three publicly confirmed bids for United at this stage in the process. Qatari businessman Sheikh Jassim, through his Nine Two Foundation, is aiming for a full takeover of the club, while the Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos offer wants to acquire the Glazers' majority stake.

Meanwhile, The Times reported last month that Elliott Management - the former owners of AC Milan - have pitched an offer to acquire a minority stake in the club.

Now, there has been a new development.

Man Utd takeover update given

According to The Independent's Miguel Delaney, United are 'now seriously considering' a minority investment in the club.

In addition, Carlyle and Elliott Management are seen as the favourites to acquire a minority stake from the Glazer family, should the American owners decide that this is the best course of action.

Meanwhile, the same source reports it has been told that other investment firms - Sixth Street and Ares - have 'shown an interest' in United.

The potential of the sale of a minority share was brought up by The Times last month, in the context of United's stadium, Old Trafford.

The report claimed that the offer from Elliott would be seen as 'attractive' to the Glazers, due to the prices quoted for redeveloping the stadium.

It is said that the cost of building a new stadium on the site of Old Trafford - as Tottenham did - would cost in the region of £1-2 billion.

Meanwhile, United could expand the existing stadium to 88,000 seats, by increasing the capacity of the Sir Bobby Charlton Stand, for a cost quoted as around £200 million.

The report also suggests that a redeveloped stadium and success under manager Erik ten Hag could drive up the value of the club as an asset - which may be factored in by the Glazers during the sale process.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
10 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Darwin Nunez targeted by two Premier League clubs as talks take place

    Nunez has scored nine goals in 24 appearances for Al Hilal this season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Gareth Barry explains why he'll be 'sad' after James Milner breaks Premier League record

    Milner has broken the record for the most appearances in Premier League history.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Theo Walcott predicts where Real Madrid would come in the Premier League

    Wayne Rooney also made a prediction.

    Football
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Zinedine Zidane reaches verbal agreement on return to football

    The Frenchman has been without a managerial role since leaving Real Madrid in May 2021.

    Football
  • Matheus Cunha Sends Brutal Message To Viral Manchester United Haircut Fan
  • Man Utd Sale 'Deadline' Emerges Amid UAE Interest
  • The United Strand issues new update after reaching 500 days without haircut
  • Two Man United Players 'Push to Leave' Amid Saudi Takeover Talk