sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Journalist drops Man Utd takeover bombshell as Qatar claim made
Home>Football
Published 15:11 24 Mar 2023 GMT

Journalist drops Man Utd takeover bombshell as Qatar claim made

A journalist has dropped a major update on the Man Utd takeover.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The group involved in the Qatar-based bid for Manchester United believe there is 'no way' they should be beaten if the key factor in a takeover of the club involves money, a respected journalist has claimed.

The Qatar bid for United has come from Sheikh Jassim, who has made an offer for the club through his Nine Two Foundation.

Both Sheikh Jassim and the Sir Jim Ratcliffe/Ineos bids confirmed publicly that they would be entering the bidding process, and they submitted their offers before the initial soft deadline that was set last month.

There was a second deadline set for Wednesday at 9pm, with US hedge fund Elliott Management reported to have submitted an offer for a minority stake in United before that deadline.

Advert

Sky Sports reported that both Sheikh Jassim and Ratcliffe did not submit fresh bids before the deadline. However, they were granted extensions.

On Thursday evening, Ratcliffe and Ineos confirmed they had submitted a revised offer for United, with the Daily Mirror claiming that Sheikh Jassim is expected to follow suit shortly with a world-record bid of around £5.5 billion.

Now, another report has given a fresh update on the Qatar bid.

Journalist gives key Qatar update as Man Utd bidding process continues

Representatives from the Sheikh Jassim bid - although not the man himself - were present at Old Trafford and Carrington last week to speak to United chiefs.

And according to reporter Matt Dickinson of The Times, there is said to be a belief among the group that, if the final decision on who succeeds in their takeover bid comes down to money, the Qatar-based offer should win.

He writes: "The bid from Qatar, and Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad al-Thani, is regarded as favourite simply because of resources.

"As one person with knowledge of that bid put it: 'They are working on instruction not to come back without a deal.'

"The group know that if it is an issue of money then there is no way they should be beaten."

However, should Sheikh Jassim, through his foundation, submit the reported world-record bid, it may still not be enough to match the alleged £6 billion asking price that United's current owners, the Glazer family, want in order to sell the club.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League, Qatar

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Man Utd insider drops bombshell claiming popular player is in 'state of flux' at club
  • Man Utd Expert Drops Info on Takeover Rumours After Huge Claim Made
  • Journalist drops bombshell on Man City's 60-point deduction claim
  • Cole Palmer Bombshell Drops as Feelings Made Clear on Man Utd Move

Choose your content:

18 mins ago
an hour ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    18 mins ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes unthinkable decision about final spot in World Cup squad and it involves Trent Alexander-Arnold

    Tuchel will officially name his England squad on Friday May 22, but he's already made one hugely controversial call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Thomas Tuchel's hidden 'reservation' about picking Harry Maguire in England World Cup squad

    Harry Maguire is one of the biggest names expected to be left out of Tuchel's England World Cup squad.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football