sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Cristiano Ronaldo offered escape route out of Manchester United, they are in 'dialogue'
Home>Football
Updated 13:15 17 Nov 2022 GMTPublished 09:51 17 Nov 2022 GMT

Cristiano Ronaldo offered escape route out of Manchester United, they are in 'dialogue'

Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, has been contacted by the interested club.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cristiano Ronaldo has received an offer from the Australian top flight amid his uncertain future at Manchester United.

It has been an interesting week, to say the least, for the five-time Ballon d'Or winner, who has revealed some 'home truths' to TalkTV host Piers Morgan in several bombshell interviews.

Earlier this week, he said Ralf Rangnick 'wasn't even a coach' in a scathing assessment of United's former interim manager and recently, Ronaldo named just three Manchester United players as "top professionals".

It looks increasingly likely that the 37-year-old will leave Old Trafford next year.

Advert

It was revealed this week that Ronaldo and his agent Jorge Mendes held talks with Bayern Munich last week ahead of the January transfer window.

And now, it has emerged Mendes has received an offer of 'love and respect' from the A-League.

Danny Townsend, who is the A-League's chief executive officer, confirmed to Australian media on Thursday that he has been in touch with Ronaldo's agent over a potential move and they are currently in "dialogue".

He said: "(Ronaldo) said he wasn't getting any love and respect at Manchester United but we'll certainly give him plenty of love and respect in Australia.

"We might not be able to compete financially with other offers but we can compete in other ways."

Townsend also told radio station SportsFM of his plans, saying: "Obviously it's a long shot but we've certainly got a compelling proposition for him here in Australia to consider."

Earlier this year, Ronaldo's former teammate Nani signed for A-League club Melbourne Victory in a deal which will keep him at AAMI Park until the end of the 2023/24 season.

A four-time Premier League winner with almost 150 Manchester United appearances under his belt, he was delighted to join the Australian club.

“I have spoken with the coach, and I know that Melbourne Victory is a club that wants to achieve success and I want to play a role in helping the team achieve that,” Nani said.

“From what I have seen, the fans in Melbourne are not only the best in the league but they rival the atmosphere in Europe and I’m looking forward to being a part of that on the field in a Victory shirt and playing for them this season.”

As Townsend pointed out to the media this week, the A-League may not be able to compete financially with other offers but the league has attracted some recognisable names, including Charlie Austin, Joe Lolley and of course, Nani.

Image credit: Alamy
Image credit: Alamy

Thoughts on the A-League's offer to Ronaldo?

Let us know in the comments.

Featured Image Credit: Piers Morgan Uncensored/Alamy

Topics: Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United, Nani, A League

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Cristiano Ronaldo left 'in tears' after unthinkable scenario plays out in Al Nassr game
  • Heartbreaking Story of Cristiano Ronaldo Team-Mate Now Working In Construction
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Most Expensive Item He's Ever Bought
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Refuses to Speak in Man Utd WhatsApp Chat Because of One Player