sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Liverpool given major Alexis Mac Allister boost as Roberto De Zerbi makes transfer admission
Home>Football
Updated 13:31 15 May 2023 GMT+1Published 11:46 15 May 2023 GMT+1

Liverpool given major Alexis Mac Allister boost as Roberto De Zerbi makes transfer admission

The Brighton boss has spoken.

Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool have been given encouragement in their pursuit of Alexis Mac Allister following comments from Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi.

Liverpool are in the market for several new midfielders this summer, with Mac Allister reportedly at the top of the list.

After winning the World Cup with Argentina in Qatar this winter, Mac Allister has continued his excellent form for Brighton – helping them beat Arsenal 3-0 at the Emirates on Sunday to all-but end the Gunners' Premier League title hopes.

According to The Mirror, Liverpool are favourites to sign Mac Allister this summer and are prepared to spend £70m on the midfielder, with Manchester United and Arsenal also interested in the former Boca Juniors and Argentinos Juniors star.

Advert

United, Arsenal and Liverpool have also been linked with another Brighton midfielder, Moises Caicedo, who was the subject of several bids in the January transfer window.

Chelsea and Arsenal both had offers rejected for the Ecuador international, including a £70m bid from the Gunners.

De Zerbi: Caicedo, Mac Allister could leave

Speaking after his side's win over Arsenal, Brighton manager De Zerbi seemingly confirmed that Caicedo and Mac Allister would leave the club this summer.

"For sure we will lose some players, maybe Caicedo and Mac Allister," De Zerbi told Sky Sports.

"We have to be ready to bring in more good players and for the others; [Kaoru] Mitoma, [Pervis] Estupinan, I think for them the best solution is to stay with us.

"I don't know if they are ready to play in the big teams. You have to arrive ready in the head. We can offer them the possibility to progress and to improve."

Brighton are on course for European football next season and still have an outside chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

The Seagulls are currently sixth – eight points behind fourth-place Manchester United and four behind fifth-place Liverpool, having played one game less than the north west giants.

Brighton next face third-place Newcastle at St James' Park on Thursday before playing their final two games of the season against already-relegated Southampton and likely champions Manchester City.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Alexis Mac Allister, Brighton And Hove Albion, Football, Liverpool, Premier League, Transfers, Roberto De Zerbi

Rory O'Callaghan
Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan is Editorial Lead at SPORTbible. He has previously worked for Sky Sports News, MailOnline and Reach covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@rory_ocallaghan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

21 mins ago
24 mins ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty
    21 mins ago

    What needs to happen for nine Premier League teams to play in Europe next season

    Aston Villa's Europa League triumph has opened up a scenario where eight Premier League sides can feature in European football next term.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    24 mins ago

    MPs make desperate plea to government about controversial TNT Sports decision

    TNT broke a 34-year tradition with its coverage this year, and the MPs are furious on behalf of British football fans

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    "Caught up in all of this chaos" - Southampton player speaks out after club is kicked out of play-off final

    Southampton's appeal was unsuccessful, with Middlesbrough taking their place in Saturday's Championship play-off final after spygate.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Man City exodus continues amid Pep Guardiola rumours as another player put up for sale

    There could be a raft of exits at Manchester City this summer, with news that Pep Guardiola will depart after a decade.

    Football
  • Piers Morgan blasts Arsenal for ‘bottling’ the Premier League after ‘pitiful’ Brighton defeat
  • Liverpool edge Arsenal in race for Alexis Mac Allister amid Gunners' "soured" relationship
  • Liverpool could pay just £40m for Alexis Mac Allister as potential player-plus-cash deal emerges
  • Alexis Mac Allister has already indicated his preferred position at Liverpool after 'kill' admission