sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Leandro Trossard’s agent blasts Brighton with strongly worded statement
Home>Football
Updated 18:15 13 Jan 2023 GMTPublished 18:07 13 Jan 2023 GMT

Leandro Trossard’s agent blasts Brighton with strongly worded statement

Leandro Trossard’s relationship with Brighton is starting to deteriorate

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Leandro Trossard’s agent, Josy Comhair has blasted Brighton’s treatment of the Belgian international with a strongly worded statement.

Ahead of the Seagulls’ Premier League clash with Liverpool, manager Roberto de Zerbi revealed that Trossard will not be a part of his squad after he was left unimpressed by the Belgian’s attitude.

De Zerbi said on Friday: “Leandro knows very well my opinion.

“The last session before the Middlesbrough game, when he understood he wasn’t playing, he left the session without telling me anything.”

Advert

It was later reported that Trossard left team training early and exited the UK after his attitude was questioned by his manager.

Now, the player’s agent has released a strongly worded statement, claiming that Trossard has been ‘humiliated’ by the Brighton boss.

Trossard’s representatives also claimed that he wants to leave Brighton and will not sign a new deal with the club.

The statement said: “Before Leandro left for Qatar, Brighton's intention was to have Leandro sign on. This did not happen, as the parties did not come to an agreement. Leandro has also indicated that he is ready for his next step.

“After the World Cup, there was an altercation between Leandro and a player in training over a trivial matter. Since then, the manager no longer speaks to Leandro, which is obviously not conducive to that atmosphere, nor is it performance-oriented.

“Leandro still had a starting place against Southampton and Arsenal, but against Everton, he was on the bench. He was also not included in the five substitutions that took place at the time, and this was without any explanation.

Image
Twitter/@FabrizioRomano

“In the run-up to the game against Middlesbrough for the FA Cup, Leandro had already indicated twice that he had problems with his calf. This was the reason why he stopped training. This was, incidentally, in consultation with the medical staff.

“The manager told Leandro that he had to train separately. Last Monday, the manager humiliated Leandro in the group and indicated that he no longer wanted to see him. A manager who has not communicated directly with his player for four weeks is really incomprehensible.

“Incidentally, it is also the manager who has indicated several times that a transfer is the most convenient solution.

“It is therefore important that Brighton cooperates with a potential transfer during this transfer period and shows a benevolent attitude, which is beneficial to both parties.”

Brighton will face Liverpool at the Amex Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy/Twitter

Topics: Brighton And Hove Albion, Premier League, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    an hour ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment explained by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Eddie Keogh/Stringer/Getty
    2 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola praised after speaking about the one regret he's ‘hid deep inside for many years'

    The Manchester City man still thinks about it.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Devastating reason why Chelsea starlet had contract terminated after two games with club
  • Lucas Bergvall’s Clever ‘1000 IQ’ Play vs Brighton Backfires Under Rare Rule
  • Chelsea set one of the worst records in English football history after Brighton battering
  • Julio Enciso's controversial move away from Brighton collapses after fans left 'disgusted' by transfer