sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name
Home>Football>La Liga>Real Madrid
Updated 21:06 22 May 2026 GMT+1Published 21:04 22 May 2026 GMT+1

Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Jose Mourinho is ready to allow 10 Real Madrid players to leave the club once he becomes manager, according to reports - including a shock player.

Mourinho is said to have held talks with club president Florentino Perez over taking over as manager next season.

Current incumbent Alvaro Arbeloa announced on Friday that he would leave his role at the end of the current campaign, paving the way for Mourinho to return to the Bernabeu.

Spanish outlet Esdario reported earlier this month that the Portuguese had laid out a series of strict demands in order to become the next Real Madrid manager - including that he will 'not accept any interference from the squad in regards to his selection'.

Advert

That has reportedly been a key sticking point under Arbeloa, with several players said to have had disagreements with the Spanish coach over their playing time since he took over from Xabi Alonso in January.

READ MORE: Jose Mourinho's 10 major demands to take over at Real Madrid as initial talks held

Real have already announced that defensive duo Dani Carvajal and David Alaba will leave the club at the end of their contracts next month - and a total of eight others could follow him out of the door.

Mourinho set to approve mass Real Madrid transfer exodus

Portuguese outlet Record claim that Mourinho will sanction the departures of goalkeeper Andriy Lunin, full-backs Fran Garcia and Ferland Mendy, midfielder Dani Ceballos and striker Gonzalo Garcia should he take charge.

All of the names on that part of the list have all been either squad players this season or, in the case of Mendy, suffered from extensive injury issues.

Mendy is currently recovering from a serious muscle tendon injury in his right leg which is set to make him unavailable for when pre-season begins.

Eduardo Camavinga, who has made 43 appearances in all competitions in a variety of positions this season, is also said to be available for transfer.

The 23-year-old was left out of France's 26-man World Cup squad this summer and has already been linked with moves to Manchester United and Liverpool.

TEAMtalk claim that Liverpool have already held talks over signing Camavinga.

A more surprising name on the reported chopping block is Federico Valverde, who hasn't played for Real since suffering a traumatic brain injury following a training ground altercation with team-mate Aurelien Tchouameni.

Though the Uruguay midfielder has insisted that neither player threw punches in the altercation, and that his injury was caused solely by Valverde slipping and hitting his head on a table, both players were fined €500,000 by Real after a disciplinary process.

Valverde was ordered to rest for between 10 to 14 days, meaning he could play in Real's final game of the season against Athletic Bilbao on Saturday after returning to training.

But the biggest shock of all the reported names available for transfer is star winger Vinicius Junior.

The 25-year-old Brazilian has scored 22 goals and registered 10 assists in all competitions this season after a slow start to the campaign under Alonso.

Jose Mourinho is reportedly willing to sanction the sale of Vinicius Junior (Image: Getty)
Jose Mourinho is reportedly willing to sanction the sale of Vinicius Junior (Image: Getty)

But rather than any performance issues, Record report that it is Real's concern over a lack of agreement over a new contract for Vinicius that is fuelling talk of his exit.

READ NEXT: Premier League club 'hold talks' for outrageous Vinicius Jr transfer this summer

It was reported on several occasions last season that he had turned down contract offers from Los Blancos, and his current deal expires next summer.

Vinicius has a €1 billion release clause contained within his contract, but that only applies to buying clubs and, as things stand, he will be free to negotiate pre-contract agreements with clubs outside of Spain in January to leave Real for nothing.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Real Madrid, Transfers, Jose Mourinho, La Liga

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool 'reach agreement' over first transfer of summer window

    The Reds are closing in on their first summer signing before the final weekend of the Premier League season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Man City told potential date for long-awaited 115 charges verdict ahead of Pep Guardiola's exit

    Pep Guardiola's departure from Manchester City comes as the gavel bangs to deliver the verdict on Man City's 115 charges

    Football
  • Hayters
    3 hours ago

    Roberto De Zerbi gives his take on Cristian Romero missing Tottenham's final game of the season

    Romero will watch boyhood club Belgrano take on River Plate instead of Sunday's game in North London.

    Football
  • Real Madrid prepare firesale ahead of Jose Mourinho arrival with nine players out in brutal cull
  • Jose Mourinho has already discussed three Real Madrid players with Florentino Perez
  • 'I am avoiding it' - Jose Mourinho reveals the truth about Real Madrid manager talks
  • Real Madrid decide on two shock alternatives in case Jose Mourinho deal falls through