sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Damning video shows Jordan Ayew shoving Fred in the face before Casemiro was sent off
Home>Football
Updated 18:33 4 Feb 2023 GMTPublished 18:24 4 Feb 2023 GMT

Damning video shows Jordan Ayew shoving Fred in the face before Casemiro was sent off

Jordan Ayew was not punished for his actions during the brawl in Crystal Palace's defeat at Manchester United.

Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A damning video shows Jordan Ayew shoving Fred in the face before Casemiro received a straight red card during Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace.

Man United returned to winning ways in the Premier League by picking up three points against Palace at Old Trafford.

Bruno Fernandes opened the scoring from the spot, with Marcus Rashford doubling his side's advantage after the hour mark.

But the Red Devils' victory was marred as Casemiro picked up a red card following a brawl, which saw him put his hands around Will Hughes' neck.

Advert

However, Man United fans on social media have pointed out Ayew's actions during the melee, which resulted in no punishment.

#MUNCRY pic.twitter.com/XPmgpuJ04n

— 🐜💙💛 (@anty_UP_) February 4, 2023

He's seen shoving Fred in the face amid the wild scenes between both sets of teams.

People online want the Palace forward banned as they slammed the inconsistently of the officiating following the Brazilian's dismissal.

One Twitter user wrote: "That’s even worse than Casemiro’s, so much force in that strangle."

A second tweeted: "And look at the force Ayew applied and compare it to the force Casemiro used. It’s really poor from VAR."

A third added: "If Casemiro gets a 3 match ban I hope Ayew gets the same punishment as well. Keep the consistency."

A fourth said: "And the officials ignored that."

Another commented: "How has Ayew got away with this????"

As a result of his red card, Casemiro will miss Man United's next three domestic games. He'll be unavailable for the back-to-back league games against Leeds United as well as Leicester City.

The 30-year-old will be available for selection when Man United face Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final.

Speaking after the game, Erik ten Hag admitted Casemiro 'crossed the line' with his actions as he bemoaned the inconsistency as he appeared to reference Ayew's shove.

"Casemiro crossed the line; you saw that. However, I’m unhappy with the inconsistent refereeing; not only this game but also in Palace. They elbowed Martínez and last week with Eriksen," he said after the 2-1 victory.

"A lot of other players crossed the line, including some Crystal Palace players. VAR didn’t intervene with them."

Featured Image Credit: Premier League

Topics: Casemiro, Football, Manchester United, Crystal Palace

Nasir Jabbar
Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar is a journalist at SPORTbible. He graduated from Bath Spa University with a BA in Media Communications. He's a combat sport aficionado and has contributed to MMA websites AddictedMMA and CagePotato. Nasir has covered some of the biggest fights, while interviewing the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Darren Till. He's also an avid Bristol City fan.

X

@NasJabbar

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Marcus Rashford forced to release statement addressing controversial post minutes after England call-up

    The freshly-recalled winger had to release a statement defending his former club after he snubbed them in a celebratory post

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel issues response to Harry Maguire's statement about failing to make England squad

    The England boss didn't hold back in his first comments after announcing the World Cup squad

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola accepts next job role after confirming Man City exit in emotional statement

    Guardiola's departure was confirmed on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Three uncapped England players will travel with World Cup squad despite not being picked

    Tuchel has named his 26-man squad, but three extra names will travel to North America.

    Football
  • Man Utd ready to 'break barrier' and sign dream Casemiro replacement with green light given for deal
  • 'He was mistaken about me' - Casemiro finally addresses how he was treated by Ruben Amorim at Man Utd
  • Casemiro eyes stunning transfer as he goes against Michael Carrick wish
  • Man Utd's Dream Transfer List to Replace Casemiro Includes Two Shock Names