sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Real Madrid star announces shock decision to leave the club days after beating Man City
Home>Football>Football News
Published 19:44 19 Apr 2024 GMT+1

Real Madrid star announces shock decision to leave the club days after beating Man City

Real Madrid knocked Manchester City out of the Champions League this week.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A Real Madrid star has reportedly announced his decision to leave the club days after dumping Manchester City out of the Champions League.

On Wednesday night, City’s defence of their European crown came to an end after they lost to Madrid on penalties.

Midfield duo Bernardo Silva and Mateo Kovacic missed their spot kicks as the Spanish giants clinched their place in the last four of the competition.

Advert

Days after beating City, it has been claimed that one of Madrid’s stars will leave the club when the current season draws to a close.

As reported by transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano, who wrote on social media: “Nacho has informed Real Madrid of his intention to leave at the end of the season.

“The club has been informed, as reported by @jfelixdiaz @marca Nacho’s contract expires in June and he’s now really planning to leave as free agent.”

Having joined Madrid’s youth system in 2001, Nacho made his debut for Real Madrid B in 2009, going on to play 111 times, scoring four goals.

In 2011, the defender made his Madrid first team and La Liga debut when he started at left back in a 6-3 away win against Valencia.

Since then, the Spaniard has gone on to play 355 times across all competitions for Los Blancos, scoring 16 goals in the process.

Image
Getty

Against City on Wednesday, Nacho started at the heart of Carlo Ancelotti’s defence alongside Antonio Rudiger and played the entire match.

Speaking after the match, Ancelotti said: “This is a great result obtained with great sacrifice. We defended well, and it was the only way to win here.

“I congratulated him(Pep Guardiola) and wished him the best of luck for the rest of the season. They progressed last season, and this time, it was our turn. It was a great feat to win today and I am really happy.”

When asked about Bayern Munich in the next round, Ancelotti said: “It’s interesting because it’s the semifinal and it’s particularly good because we beat Manchester City.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Carlo Ancelotti, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Football, Champions League

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Scotland announce 26-man squad for first World Cup in 28 years

    Scotland's squad for the World Cup has been confirmed.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    What Joao Pedro did for Brazil teammates who were picked in World Cup squad over him

    Joao Pedro was a surprise omission from Brazil's World Cup squad, with Neymar getting selected ahead of him.

    Football
  • Liverpool/Adidas
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool drop major transfer hint in new home kit launch

    Liverpool have released their new home kit

    Football
  • The Overlap - Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Roy Keane tears Bruno Fernandes to shreds over what he said in interview after Nottingham Forest game

    Fernandes equalled the Premier League record for most assists recorded in a season, but Keane was far from impressed.

    Football
  • Jamie Carragher labels reporter a 'clown' in furious row over Champions League
  • Real Madrid name ineligible player in squad to face Man City in Champions League
  • Two players 'refused' to take a penalty during Man City vs Real Madrid shootout
  • Real Madrid make rare request to UEFA on eve of Man City game that could prove vital