sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Premier League club axe 'majority' of their recruitment staff in shock move despite impressive start to season
Home>Football>Football News
Published 18:54 12 Nov 2024 GMT

Premier League club axe 'majority' of their recruitment staff in shock move despite impressive start to season

The news circulated on Tuesday afternoon.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A number of recruitment staff at a Premier League club have reportedly been axed in a hugely surprising move.

On Tuesday, it was reported by The Telegraph that Brighton and Hove Albion, who have made a promising start to the season, have decided to axe a majority of their recruitment staff.

Over the years, Brighton have brought in talents such as Moises Caicedo, Kaoru Mitoma, Evan Ferguson and Alexis Mac Allister. All of whom have managed to make a big impact in the Premier League, with two of the mentioned stars making a huge profit for the club when sold.

Advert

However, in a very surprising move, it has been claimed that the Seagulls have now let go the majority of their full-time recruitment scouts as part of a big overhaul.

The report stated: "Staff at Brighton, whose owner Tony Bloom relies heavily on a secretive data model, were last week told that recruitment and the identification of players will now operate differently with three full-time scouts being dispensed with. Others may have been redeployed."

One source told the publication: "Brighton’s model is a bit like KFC’s secret herbs and spices. Everybody wants the recipe, but those lucky enough to have it don’t want to share it with anybody.”

Another source added: "Scouting is far more than just spotting good players. It’s looking at a player live in terms of his leadership, willingness to run when the team is losing, finding out what kind of personality he has and talking to people about him. Is he on time every day or late to training? Data cannot pick all of that up and it’s hugely important when investing in players.

“It is also often the scouts who develop relationships and build networks that lead to recommendations and tips about various players that, again, data may not be able to provide. Ideally, clubs use data alongside scouting and both can complement one another.”

Image
Getty

A third commented: "Useable data offered by humans isn’t as good as Tony’s data. At least, that’s what it seems like. It looks like he trusts data more than humans."

SPORTbible has contacted Brighton and Hove Albion for comment.

The Seagulls have had a fine start to the 24/25 campaign under new boss Fabian Hurzeler as they currently sit sixth in the Premier League.

Last weekend, Brighton recorded a massive 2-1 win over champions Manchester City at the AMEX Stadium.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Premier League, Football, Brighton And Hove Albion

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Final Champions League spot could be decided by play-off as unthinkable scenario unfolds

    This has never happened before, but it's genuinely possible with a game left to play in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years

    Arsenal are the 2026 Premier League champions and Rice made sure to celebrate.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    'I've studied Pep for a while' - Micah Richards reacts to Pep Guardiola's response to exit rumours

    Richards also said Manchester City's players went against the club's ethos as they surrendered the Premier League title to Arsenal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football
  • Man jailed for using and selling Firesticks to illegally stream sport as Premier League successfully prosecutes
  • Shock Premier League star is the most signed player on Football Manager
  • Liverpool fans are extremely worried about one player's future after their game against Brighton
  • Brighton manager Fabian Hurzeler gives half-time interview live on Sky and fans have the same reaction