• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Ruben Amorim’s Man Utd Future Takes Fresh Twist After Major Update

Home> Football> Football News> Man Utd

Published 19:51 30 Sep 2025 GMT+1

Ruben Amorim’s Man Utd Future Takes Fresh Twist After Major Update

Ruben Amorim is under increasing pressure at Manchester United.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A fresh update regarding Ruben Amorim's future at Manchester United has been delivered.

Amorim, 40, was appointed Red Devils boss back in November 2024 after Erik ten Hag was dismissed.

Following his impressive spell in charge of Sporting Clube de Portugal, many felt Amorim would finally be the one to drag United back to the top.

However, it has been extremely tough for Amorim as he has so far failed to implement his playing style and the results have been way below par.

Advert

On the back of United's 3-1 defeat by Brentford last weekend, the Portuguese's future is being questioned once again.

Speaking after the defeat, Amorim said: "I think we played the game they wanted us to play, the opponents - really confused: first balls, second balls. If we play the game of the opponent, it’s harder for us."

Amid the rumours, the likes of Gareth Southgate, Oliver Glasner and Xavi have all been linked with a move to Old Trafford as Amorim's replacement.

However, according to an update from the Daily Mail, Amorim still has Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s backing and sources have said that reports claiming United have drawn up a list of replacements are wide of the mark.

The report stated: "Sources are adamant Amorim still has Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s backing and the club have not drawn up a shortlist of replacements.

"They know that doing so would fatally undermine the Portuguese in much the same way Ten Hag never recovered from his employers offering his job to other managers before and after the 2024 FA Cup final."

Ruben Amorim is under increasing pressure at Manchester United. Image: Getty
Ruben Amorim is under increasing pressure at Manchester United. Image: Getty

Speaking about Amorim's time in charge of United on Monday night, ex-Liverpool and England star Jamie Carragher labelled the situation as a 'disaster'.

He said on Sky Sports: "This has been a disaster for Manchester United but also for Ruben Amorim. What he did at Sporting Lisbon was fantastic. He looked like the next big thing as a manager.

"But bringing a manager like that in with the system he plays I don't think ever suited a club like Manchester United with the traditions at Manchester United."

United are back in Premier League action this weekend when they take on newly-promoted Sunderland at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Ruben Amorim, Manchester United, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Ruben Amorim Stat Compared to Other Man Utd Managers Looks Like a Typo
  • Ralf Rangnick Has 'Told' Man Utd Who Should Replace Ruben Amorim
  • Man Utd Respond to Ruben Amorim Sack Rumours Amid Gareth Southgate Links
  • Ruben Amorim Leaves Journalists Speechless After Naming Who he Won’t Change Formation For

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • CBS Sports
    an hour ago

    Thierry Henry delivers emotional speech on incident between Vini Jr and Gianluca Prestianni

    Henry reflected on the incident in a powerful segment on CBS Sports.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    UEFA release official statement on Vini Jr and Gianluca Prestianni allegations

    Vinicius Jr told the referee that Gianluca Prestianni made a racist comment to him in Real Madrid's win over Benfica.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Benfica make Vini Jr accusation as club issue statement on racism claim

    Benfica published a bizarre statement on social media after Vinicius Jr reported an alleged racist comment.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Gianluca Prestianni issues statement after being accused of racially abusing Vini Jr

    Vinicius Jr has also spoken out following the incident.

    Football