• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
How Man Utd could line up next season under Ruben Amorim with three huge signings including Matheus Cunha

Home> Football> Football News> Man Utd

Updated 13:57 26 May 2025 GMT+1Published 12:43 26 May 2025 GMT+1

How Man Utd could line up next season under Ruben Amorim with three huge signings including Matheus Cunha

Amorim has a summer transfer budget of less than £100 million, but talks are intensifying.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images - Lineupbuilder
Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack is a Senior Journalist who enjoys a long read. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day, and has interviewed a handful of FM's finest, including Freddy Adu, Supat Rungratsamee and Mika Aaritalo.

X

@jackkenmare_

Advert

Advert

Advert

How will Manchester United line-up when the new season rolls around in August? It's a question that will continue to crop up as they look to improve on a quite frankly disastrous campaign across all competitions.

Amorim will certainly have money to spend this summer, although the previously quoted £200 million war chest looks unlikely following their failure to qualify for next season's Champions League.

In fact, the Portuguese manager has been handed a transfer budget of a little less than £100 million, according to The Guardian, who claim the football department want Amorim to have a first pre-season with his team and to strengthen the squad.

So, how will the club's recruitment look in the coming weeks and months?

Advert

Here's a lowdown of who might walk through the doors at Old Trafford this summer, as well as two potential line-ups for their opening game of the Premier League campaign based on rumours.

Matheus Cunha

Fabrizio Romano delivered one of his first "Here we go!" tweets of the summer late on Sunday night, revealing that a verbal agreement is currently in place for Manchester United to sign the in-form Matheus Cunha.

The Brazilian forward, who scored 15 league goals for Wolves in 2024/25, will sign a five-year deal with an option to extend until 2031, according to Romano, who suggests Vitor Pereira's side will receive £62.5 million for the player via instalments.

Advert

Cunha will likely replace Alejandro Garnacho's in United's attack, with the Argentine expected to depart after Ruben Amorim told the winger he will be allowed to join a new club this summer.

That being said, Cunha can play in other positions across the frontline, as we've seen for much of the campaign. An exciting signing if he can settle into life at Old Trafford.

Cunha is close to joining United. Image credit: Getty
Cunha is close to joining United. Image credit: Getty

Liam Delap

Delap is set to leave Ipswich Town following their Premier League relegation – and there is plenty of interest in the former Manchester City striker, with Everton already holding talks with the player amid ongoing speculation.

Advert

Newcastle and Chelsea are also keen, according to widespread reports, but United are in pole position to sign the number nine, say Sky Sports, who claim his final decision was expected to be swayed by whether or not they won the Europa League and qualified for next season's Champions League.

Despite their defeat to Spurs in the final, however, Delap is ‘widely expected’ to join the ranks at Old Trafford this summer, according to The Telegraph's John Percy, with his release clause of just £30 million being mentioned.

One thing is for sure; the step up from Ipswich to Manchester is a significant one. Can he do it?

Bryan Mbuemo

Earlier this month, it was reported that United were 'ready to join the race' to sign Brentford forward Bryan Mbuemo amid interest from a number of Premier League clubs, including Newcastle United.

Advert

Mbuemo, who scored 20 goals in all competitions for Thomas Frank's side during the 2024/25 campaign, is high on the list of United’s potential targets, according to The Telegraph, who also named Cunha and Delap in the report.

The 25-year-old would certainly bring some much-needed attacking threat to the fold at Old Trafford, and with Antony, Marcus Rashford, and Alejandro Garnacho being linked with moves away, United will need to find replacements.

Manchester United could have a new-look front three if they manage to secure their prime targets. Image credit: Fotmob
Manchester United could have a new-look front three if they manage to secure their prime targets. Image credit: Fotmob

Other targets

After being left out of United's squad to face Aston Villa on the final day, rumours surrounding Andre Onana's future only intensified on Sunday following a poor campaign.

Advert

United are said to be weighing up a move for Vanja Milinkovic-Savic as they consider their goalkeeping options. Milinkovic-Savic, who kept 11 clean sheets for Serie A outfit Torino in 2024/25, has a release clause worth £16.9 million.

Aston Villa shot-stopper Emiliano Martinez is another reported target, with Football Insider claiming that the club are 'well-placed' to sign the World Cup winner if they can cash in on Onana during the summer window.

In terms of attacking options, Viktor Gyokeres, who worked under Amorim at Sporting, continues to be linked alongside Rayan Cherki, Antoine Semenyo, Francisco Trincao and Christopher Nkunku, to name just a few.

Another potential United line-up, featuring Emiliano Martinez in goal. Image credit: Getty
Another potential United line-up, featuring Emiliano Martinez in goal. Image credit: Getty

Who should United sign in the summer to improve matters on the pitch? Let us know in the comments.

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • EA SportsEA Sports
    4 hours ago

    Man Utd player ratings on EA FC 26 leaked as fans left stunned by squad

    There are a number of significant changes compared to EA FC 25.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    4 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel's true feelings on Trent Alexander-Arnold revealed after England snub

    Trent Alexander-Arnold has been left out of Thomas Tuchel's latest England squad.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    6 hours ago

    UEFA 'receive urgent request' over Maccabi Tel Aviv as Israeli team draw Aston Villa in Europa League

    Maccabi Tel Aviv are Israel's only representative in the group stages of this season's European competitions.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    6 hours ago

    Scott McTominay has made his feelings clear on Kobbie Mainoo amid Napoli transfer rumours

    The Napoli midfielder previously played alongside Mainoo during his time at Manchester United.

    Football
  • Man Utd fans in disbelief after seeing what their players were doing hours after final game of the season against Aston Villa
  • Where Man Utd are aiming to finish in Premier League next season after disastrous debut Ruben Amorim campaign
  • Ruben Amorim pressed by journalist after making telling Matheus Cunha comment during Man Utd press conference
  • Man Utd set their most damning statistic yet under Ruben Amorim and it looks like a typo