sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd 'name their price' for Kobbie Mainoo as team nobody has mentioned enters the race
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Updated 21:28 2 Apr 2025 GMT+1Published 21:25 2 Apr 2025 GMT+1

Man Utd 'name their price' for Kobbie Mainoo as team nobody has mentioned enters the race

The England international has been linked with potential a move away from his boyhood club.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A new club has entered the race to sign Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo as the Red Devils’ supposed asking price emerges.

Mainoo, 19, has not featured for Man United in the Premier League since he played in an advanced role during the 2-0 defeat against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford on February 2.

However, despite his absence, the teenager has been the subject of attention from both the media and supporters.

In early March, The Guardian reported that the midfielder was “minded to reject the offer of a contract” and seeks a “move abroad”.

Advert

Earlier in the year, the Mail’s Chris Wheeler claimed that Chelsea were front runners to sign the England international after contract negotiations had hit a “stalemate” between the player’s representatives and the football club.

Mainoo, whose current United deal is set to run until the summer of 2027, has now been linked with a shock European club as a potential price has emerged – and it may not be the team you’d expect.

Italian outlet Calcio Mercato reports that Inter Milan are ‘interested’ in the player with United supposedly willing to accept a fee of €50m (£41.8m) despite previous suggestions that a fee of £70m was United’s asking price.

Meanwhile, Spanish outlet Fichajes claims La Liga and Champions League holders Real Madrid are keeping an eye on the player’s situation.

Fans on social media gave their thoughts on United's potential asking price and the prospect of the midfielder leaving.

Kobbie Mainoo has been linked with Inter Milan (Credit:Getty)
Kobbie Mainoo has been linked with Inter Milan (Credit:Getty)

One said: "That's too much. He's a teenager with no full season under his belt. He should be worth £20m."

Another added: "€50M? In this economy? For the only midfielder we trust? Okay Glazers, go ahead and sell the youth team too."

A third commented: "Honestly, Mainoo is a quality player. I wouldn't want to let him go but if we can't find a place for him in the team then we better off cash in.

"He would play well in the 10 in the same manner as ZIRKZEE but we're still yet to see enough of him in the position."

While a fourth explained: "I wouldn't mind if he leaves. He's a good player but sadly our situation requires him to be sold."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Inter Milan, Kobbie Mainoo, Manchester United, Premier League, Transfer News, Real Madrid

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
10 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • 'All I can do is...' - Kobbie Mainoo finally addresses Ruben Amorim feud for first time
  • Kobbie Mainoo Has Three Clubs to Choose From in January to Seal Man Utd Exit
  • Shock club nobody has mentioned yet enters race to sign Marcus Rashford as Man Utd future takes new twist
  • Kobbie Mainoo 'Taking Spanish Lessons' Amid Potential Man Utd Swap Deal