To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert
Advert
Advert

Al Ettifaq "refused to meet" Manchester United demands for Jadon Sancho as asking price for transfer emerges

Josh Lawless

Published 
| Last updated 

Al Ettifaq "refused to meet" Manchester United demands for Jadon Sancho as asking price for transfer emerges

Saudi Pro League side Al Ettifaq presented an offer to Manchester United for Jadon Sancho but it did not meet their valuation, it has been reported.

Despite the transfer window being shut in England, Sancho's future at United has been called into question after manager Erik ten Hag openly criticised his performances in training following the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal.

Sancho hit back with a statement of his own but has been heavily linked with Al Ettifaq, managed by Liverpool and England legend Steven Gerrard.

Loading…

Advert

Some outlets have denied that a proposal was on the table at all, but Chris Wheeler of the Daily Mail says the club did try and make a loan deal happen on Thursday, the final day for transfers to be completed in Saudi.

It's said United were happy to let the former Borussia Dortmund move on loan but wanted a £50 million obligation to buy which priced out Al Ettifaq.

Jadon Sancho in action for Manchester United. Image: Getty
Jadon Sancho in action for Manchester United. Image: Getty

The Dammam-based outfit, not one of the club's backed by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), have been extremely busy in the transfer market and snapped up Jordan Henderson, Moussa Dembele and Jack Hendry earlier in the window.

Advert

They have since concluded business with the captures of Georginio Wijnaldum and Demarai Gray.

Although he wasn't put up for sale, United were prepared to let Sancho move on and it's claimed they would have listened to offers around £45 million for him.

It would be a fairly sizable loss on the £73 million they paid for him in 2021 but Sancho's stock has fallen after just 12 goals and six assists in a United shirt.

Image: Getty
Image: Getty
Advert

Ten Hag had said on Sunday that Sancho wasn't selected because he did not meet the levels expected in training, but Sancho took to social media to deny the comments made by his manager.

He wrote: "Please don't believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue, I have conducted myself in training very well this week.

“I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won't go into, I've been a scapegoat for a long time which isn't fair!

“All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to the team. I respect all decisions that are made by the coaching staff, I play with fantastic players and I am grateful to do so, which I know every week is a challenge. I will continue to fight for this badge no matter what!”

Advert

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Jadon Sancho, Erik Ten Hag, Saudi Pro League, Saudi Arabia, Manchester United

Josh Lawless
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Football

Nottingham Forest send out Mark Clattenburg to explain why owner is 'upset' with late decision vs Liverpool

12 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Jeremy Clarkson's gridwalk interview with Martin Brundle before Bahrain GP has got F1 fans talking

18 hours ago