sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd make new Jarrad Branthwaite decision following Everton 'takeover disaster'
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Published 10:30 20 Jul 2024 GMT+1

Man Utd make new Jarrad Branthwaite decision following Everton 'takeover disaster'

Manchester United have been busy in the summer transfer window already.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United have made a decision on Jarrad Branthwaite following the collapse of Everton’s takeover.

Over the past few weeks, it was reported that American billionaire Dan Friedkin was interested in buying Everton.

However, it was revealed on Friday that the deal had fallen through.

A statement read: “The parties agree it is in both their interests for Everton to explore alternative options.”

Advert

On the back of the latest development, Everton could now be faced with the need to sell more players in order to reduce the club’s financial pressures.

Earlier in the summer, United reportedly made two bids worth £43 million and £50 million for Toffees defender Branthwaite.

However, both were rejected as the Goodison Park club’s asking price is said to be £75 million.

Now, it has been claimed that United could reignite their interest in the 22-year-old following Everton’s takeover disaster.

A report from The Telegraph stated: “Manchester United’s hopes of signing Jarrad Branthwaite could be resurrected following the collapse of Everton’s proposed takeover by the Friedkin Group.

“It now remains to be seen if they opt to make a third and final offer. It is thought United would be unlikely to go higher than a total package worth around £55 million and have no intention of meeting Everton’s existing £75 million valuation of Branthwaite.”

Image
Getty

Aside from Branthwaite, United have also been linked with the likes of Matthijs de Ligt, Manuel Ugarte, Adrien Rabiot and Martin Zubimendi.

So far, the Red Devils have secured the signings of Joshua Zirkzee and Leny Yoro.

Upon joining the club, Yoro said: “Signing for a club with the stature and ambition of Manchester United so early in my career is an incredible honour.

“Since my first conversations with the club, they set out a clear plan for how I can develop in Manchester as part of this exciting project, and showed a lot of care for me and my family.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester United, Everton, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • Getty
    7 hours ago

    Middlesbrough lawyer speaks out after Southampton expelled from Championship play-offs

    Southampton have been kicked out of this season's EFL play-offs, with Middlesbrough reinstated in their place to take on Hull in the final.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Hull City's response to finding out Southampton have been thrown out of play-offs

    Hull City's response to discovering Southampton have been thrown out of the Championship playoffs meaning they will now face Middlesbrough.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Forgotten Aston Villa player on verge of football history after Europa League final win

    Aston Villa defeated Freiburg 3-0 to win the Europa League final.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Southampton lose appeal against EFL play-off expulsion as club issue 'extremely disappointing' statement

    Southampton were initially expelled from the EFL Championship play-off final against Hull City.

    Football
  • Man Utd make unprecedented decision over their 2026/27 kit
  • Man Utd executives make final decision on next permanent manager
  • PGMO reveal whether Man Utd 'handball' against Nottingham Forest was the wrong decision as update issued
  • Casemiro makes final decision over next club ahead of last Man Utd match