sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Erik ten Hag's honest thoughts on Jadon Sancho and his behaviour at Man Utd emerge in new report
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Published 21:19 8 May 2024 GMT+1

Erik ten Hag's honest thoughts on Jadon Sancho and his behaviour at Man Utd emerge in new report

Ten Hag's true feelings go beyond those already reported.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag's true feelings towards Jadon Sancho have been revealed in a new report.

Sancho is currently preparing to play in a Champions League final at Wembley next month - but not with Manchester United.

Instead, the England winger has spent the second half of the season on loan at Borussia Dortmund, and starred in their Champions League semi-final first leg win over Paris Saint-Germain.

He departed United after a public dispute with Ten Hag, which started after the Dutchman claimed he had been dropped from the squad for the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal in September due to sub-par training performances.

Advert

Sancho denied this on social media - and was banished from the first team after reportedly failing to apologise to his manager for the post.

The end result was that the 23-year-old didn't play a single minute of football between September and December, before then moving to Dortmund in January.

According to The Athletic, Ten Hag has privately been adamant that he offered Sancho as much support as he could throughout the player's time at Old Trafford.

He told reporters after Sancho's performance for Dortmund against PSG: "I'm happy for Jadon, for his performance yesterday, and we'll see what is going to happen in the future."

It is also added, however, that some of the manager's staff have privately said that Ten Hag went 'over and above what could be expected of a manager in building a personal relationship with a player'.

Getty

Reports claim that United will pocket £3 million as a result of Sancho reaching the Champions League final with Dortmund, ahead of what appears likely to be a permanent transfer away from Old Trafford this summer.

Speaking about the situation to TNT Sports on Tuesday, United legend Rio Ferdinand said: "I don't think they'll undermine the manager in that way [bringing Sancho back].

"I think Ten Hag needs to be gone and out of the building for Jadon Sancho to come back. if he plays that way again tonight, he really puts pressure on United and the people behind the scenes.

"I think the only way he goes back to Manchester United is if Erik ten Hag isn't there. I don't think they can undermine the manager and let a player not apologise and then bring him back."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Erik Ten Hag, Jadon Sancho, Manchester United, Premier League, Football, Borussia Dortmund

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

29 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • The Overlap - Getty Images
    29 mins ago

    Roy Keane tears Bruno Fernandes to shreds over what he said in interview after Nottingham Forest game

    Fernandes equalled the Premier League record for most assists recorded in a season, but Keane was far from impressed.

    Football
  • Getty & Sky Sports
    an hour ago

    Burnley owner JJ Watt's controversial post about Arsenal red card decision goes viral

    Former NFL star JJ Watt reacted in controversial fashion after Kai Havertz avoided a red card against Burnley on Monday Night.

    Football
  • Instagram/madhousetv_ - Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Neymar's immediate reaction to Brazil World Cup call up is going viral

    Neymar, who is Brazil's leading goalscorer with 79 goals from his 128 appearances, will feature at a fourth World Cup.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Chelsea prepared to sell Joao Pedro to fund transfer for global superstar

    Pedro could leave Chelsea

    Football
  • Jadon Sancho involved in ugly arguments with Man Utd fans about his time at the club
  • Jadon Sancho takes drastic action to force Man Utd exit that sums up how desperate he is to leave
  • Man Utd set new Jadon Sancho price tag amid interest from two clubs and it looks like a typo
  • Jadon Sancho given huge Man Utd transfer blow after 'not a priority' statement made