sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man City decide on first two signings under Enzo Maresca as private talks held
Home>Football>Football News>Man City
Published 18:59 20 May 2026 GMT+1

Man City decide on first two signings under Enzo Maresca as private talks held

Maresca is set to replace Pep Guardiola as Manchester City manager.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester City have decided on their first two signings under the management of Enzo Maresca, it has been reported.

Maresca is set to replace Pep Guardiola, who is expected to leave the club this summer after 10 years in charge, as manager.

The Italian left Chelsea in January and has been out of work since then, but the 48-year-old has been widely tipped as Guardiola's successor for several months and worked under the Spaniard as head coach of City's under-21 side between 2020 and 2021.

Maresca is said to have reached a verbal agreement with City on a three-year contract to replace Guardiola.

Advert

Guardiola, who has one year left on his contract, has yet to officially announce his departure and told Sky Sports that he would hold talks with his players, staff and chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak before any announcement is made.

But The Athletic report that Maresca has already been involved in behind-the-scenes talks over City's transfer plans this summer.

He is said to be 'collaborating closely with sporting director Hugo Viana for pre-season, the new campaign and beyond in preparation to take over'.

Man City make first major Enzo Maresca decision

Now, the i Paper have expanded further on the exact nature of those transfer plans, claiming that City plan to spend up to £200 million this summer to avoid similar struggles to those that Manchester United faced after David Moyes replaced Sir Alex Ferguson.

They report that Viana, who arrived at City from Sporting Lisbon last summer to replace Txiki Begiristain, has 'impressed several sources' and is 'well-liked' across world football.

It is noted that he has even already drawn up a succession plan for life beyond Maresca, alongside three key targets to sign for his soon-to-be new manager.

Nottingham Forest and England midfielder Elliot Anderson is said to be closing in on a move to the Etihad Stadium, with negotiations said to be 'well advanced'.

The 23-year-old, who is likely to be named in Thomas Tuchel's World Cup squad on Friday, has long been linked with a move away from Forest and is set to move despite Vitor Pereira's side managing to avoid relegation.

Elliot Anderson is close to joining Manchester City (Image: Getty)
Elliot Anderson is close to joining Manchester City (Image: Getty)

City are also set to accelerate plans to sign a new right-back, and have identified Brentford's Michael Kayode as their number one target.

The Italy youth international has performed strongly both in defence and in carrying the ball forward under Keith Andrews, while he possesses a remarkable long throw that has been a unique asset in the Bees' attacks.

READ NEXT: 'I've been told...' - Man City to lose third player in mass exodus amid Pep Guardiola exit rumours

Kayode turns 22 this summer and has been linked with a move to Juventus, though has stated he is not planning to return to Italy.

He signed for Brentford last summer from Fiorentina after a successful loan spell.

Meanwhile, Bournemouth striker Eli Junior Kroupi - who scored the goal that effectively cost City a chance at the Premier League title in their 1-1 draw on Tuesday - has been identified as a long-term target under Maresca.

But the Frenchman is not available for sale until at least next summer as Bournemouth prepare for a first-ever European campaign under new manager Marco Rose, who will replace the departing Andoni Iraola.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester City, Enzo Maresca, Pep Guardiola, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool launch £92m raid for two players from the same club

    Arne Slot is clearly being backed by the board again as he launches another summer of spending

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Xabi Alonso prepared to unleash 6ft 7in Chelsea giant yet to play a game for the club

    The new Chelsea boss is wasting no time in making a massive change to the squad.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    'I've been told...' - Man City to lose third player in mass exodus amid Pep Guardiola exit rumours

    Guardiola is expected to leave Man City at the end of the season - and several more players could follow him out of the door.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Hull City consider legal action hours before Southampton expulsion verdict

    The Tigers are considering taking major legal action to secure promotion to the Premier League.

    Football
  • How Man City could line up under Enzo Maresca with dream signing and key Pep Guardiola man dropped
  • Why Man City are set to pay Chelsea to replace Pep Guardiola with Enzo Maresca
  • Enzo Maresca Held Talks With Two Clubs Before Chelsea Exit
  • Pep Guardiola Has Told Man City Who Should Replace Him Amid Enzo Maresca Links