sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Liverpool have found their Moises Caicedo alternative as €37m midfielder targeted
Home>Football>Football News>Liverpool
Published 17:18 13 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Liverpool have found their Moises Caicedo alternative as €37m midfielder targeted

Liverpool have found an alternative.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool remain hopeful of completing signing Moises Caicedo from Brighton for a British record fee of £111 million - but they have reportedly identified an alternative in case the deal falls through.

The Reds had their offer accepted by Brighton for the Ecuador midfielder at midnight on Friday - with that being the only proposal accepted by the Seagulls.

Chelsea had told Brighton that they were willing to pay £100 million to sign the 21-year-old, although Roberto De Zerbi's side operated a 'highest bidder' that policy that saw Liverpool emerge successful.

Since then, the transfer saga has developed into chaos.

Advert

It was reported by Sky Sports that Caicedo had told Brighton that he wanted to move to Chelsea instead. However, according to This is Anfield, the Seagulls are yet to receive an improved bid from Mauricio Pochettino's side.

If Caicedo does not end up signing for Liverpool, the Reds are interested in signing Romeo Lavia from Southampton.

The issue with that move, however, is that Liverpool have already had three bids rejected by Southampton, with the recently-relegated Championship club still demanding £50 million for the player. And Chelsea are also keen.

Now, Liverpool have reportedly identified another Caicedo alternative at a much cheaper price.

Liverpool have identified Moises Caicedo alternative

According to ESPN NL, Liverpool are interested in signing PSV star Ibrahima Sangare this summer.

Former Manchester City midfielder Kiki Musampa, the brother of Sangare's agent, has reportedly confirmed that Liverpool are one of the clubs who have expressed interest in signing the 25-year-old.



Kiki Musampa, the brother of the agent of PSV midfielder Ibrahim Sangare has confirmed that Liverpool are one of the clubs interested in the Ivorian. [@ESPNnl] pic.twitter.com/f03uB0j5ck

— Anfield Edition (@AnfieldEdition) August 13, 2023

The Ivorian defensive midfielder was a consistent performer in the centre of the pitch for Ruud van Nistelrooy's side last season, and also chipped in with five league goals.

He has received Premier League interest from both West Ham and Nottingham Forest, as well as German giants Bayern Munich.

According to 90min, Sangare has a €37 million release clause, and is said to have told PSV in March he is ready to test himself in the Premier League should a move arise.

Should a Liverpool move materialise, he would be able to do just that at Anfield this season.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Chelsea, Moises Caicedo, Romeo Lavia, Premier League, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • DeFodi Images/Getty
    an hour ago

    Napoli reject two Premier League offers for Scott McTominay as future takes new twist

    Could we see a homecoming?

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    'Such a massive club...' - Player publicly confirms interest in signing for Man Utd this summer

    United are heavily linked with two midfielders but a third transfer target has spoken out.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Six players who could play their final Man Utd game vs Brighton

    Man Utd take on Brighton in their final match of the 2025/26 Premier League season.

    Football
  • MouradDiop92 X
    6 hours ago

    Two PSG players 'refuse to shake hands' during inter-squad friendly before Champions League final

    Paris Saint-Germain's preparation for the Champions League final against Arsenal turned up an unusual flashpoint

    Football
  • Moises Caicedo Announces Shock Departure in Now-Deleted Post
  • Liverpool have already found their Romeo Lavia alternative, it's all going to be okay at Anfield
  • Liverpool 'reach agreement' over first transfer of summer window
  • Rice, Caicedo And Gravenberch's Stats Compared And There's A Clear Winner