sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Telling detail spotted on Jermaine Jenas' Instagram after he's sacked by BBC over 'inappropriate behaviour'
Home>Football>Football News
Published 11:50 23 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Telling detail spotted on Jermaine Jenas' Instagram after he's sacked by BBC over 'inappropriate behaviour'

Jermaine Jenas has been sacked by the BBC.

Alex Brotherton

Alex Brotherton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A telling detail has been spotted on Jermaine Jenas' Instagram profile following his sacking by the BBC.

The BBC confirmed on Thursday (August 22) that the organisation has terminated the contract of Jenas following allegations of 'inappropriate behaviour'.

The former Premier League footballer, 41, was the host of BBC One's The One Show and a regular pundit on Match of the Day.

Jenas was widely touted to be the long-term successor of Gary Lineker as the host of the iconic Premier League highlights programme.

Advert

A BBC spokesperson said: "We can confirm Jermaine Jenas is no longer part of our presenting line up."

Alex Kay-Jelski, who is the broadcaster's Director of Sport, sent a short email to BBC staff at 3.39pm on Thursday. He wrote: "Hi all, I wanted to let you know that Jermaine Jenas is no longer working for the BBC."

The news of the BBC's decision to sack Jenas broke just 20 minutes before he presented a one-off drive-time show on talkSPORT with fellow former Premier League star Jermaine Pennant.

After the show, the station conducted an extraordinary interview with Jenas about his dismissal in which he said "I can't talk about that" several times.

He also said: "As you can probably see, [I] am not happy about it. But currently as it stands I'm going to have to let the lawyers deal with it.

"You know, there's two sides to every story as we know. So that's all I can say right now."

Despite being sacked by the BBC, Jenas has not removed 'The One Show' or 'BBC Sport' from his Instagram bio.

Jenas regularly provides punditry on Premier League games for TNT Sports and is the host of the broadcaster's Formula E coverage. His future with the broadcaster is unclear.

He last appeared on TNT Sports on Saturday, August 17, during coverage of Liverpool's 2-0 win against Ipswich Town.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Match Of The Day, Premier League, Football

Alex Brotherton
Alex Brotherton

Alex Brotherton is a journalist at SPORTbible. He has previously worked with publications including the Manchester Evening News, GOAL and BBC Sport. He is a football fanatic, but also dabbles in tennis and American football. He can often be found watching dreadful non-league football.

X

@alex_brotherton

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

10 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty
    10 mins ago

    Michael Carrick tells Man Utd to block offers for key player amid Real Madrid interest

    Carrick has reportedly agreed a two-year deal to become the permanent Manchester United head coach.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Jurgen Klopp receives shock proposal to return to management

    Jurgen Klopp has received a shock proposal to make a dramatic return to football management at the helm of an ambitious club.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Man City decide on first two signings under Enzo Maresca as private talks held

    Maresca is set to replace Pep Guardiola as Manchester City manager.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Liverpool launch £92m raid for two players from the same club

    Arne Slot is clearly being backed by the board again as he launches another summer of spending

    Football
  • BBC staff 'sent strict warning' about Jermaine Jenas after he's sacked following claims of 'inappropriate behaviour'
  • Jermaine Jenas' stunning BBC salary revealed as MOTD pundit 'sacked for inappropriate behaviour'
  • Jermaine Jenas sacked by BBC from Match of the Day as ‘inappropriate behaviour' claims are made
  • Gary Lineker aims dig at BBC while opening up on controversial exit