sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Cristiano Ronaldo drops clearest hint yet over his Al Nassr future during Champions League draw
Home>Football>Football News
Published 11:15 30 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Cristiano Ronaldo drops clearest hint yet over his Al Nassr future during Champions League draw

Cristiano Ronaldo was involved in the Champions League draw on Thursday evening.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to drop a major hint over his future with Al Nassr during the Champions League draw.

Back in December 2022, it was confirmed that five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo had made a big-money move to Saudi Professional League side Al Nassr.

Since then, the 39-year-old has scored 68 goals in 74 appearances for the Saudi Arabian club.

Advert

On Thursday evening, Ronaldo was involved in the Champions League draw.

During the event, Ronaldo was handed an award for being the all-time top goalscorer of the Champions League.

After collecting the accolade, UEFA presenter Aleksander Ceferin joked that Ronaldo no longer plays in Europe’s premier club competition.

The forward then replied: “I play Asian [Champions] League, don’t forget that. For me it is a pleasure to be here. Thank you for this amazing award it means a lot to me.

“As you know, Champions League it’s the highest in football. I had an opportunity, not only you know the record speaks for itself, but I don’t mean that, I mean the pleasure to play that competition… it’s our motivation.”

Ronaldo then appeared to drop a hint regarding his future, saying: “Football… you never know what’s going to happen, let’s see what the future brings.”

Image
Getty

During his latest YouTube video with Rio Ferdinand, Ronaldo spoke about his ambitions.

He said: “I know I’m still looking good, I look good, I feel I can still dribble, shoot, score goals and jump. The day that I start to feel that I’m producing nothing, listen, I pack my bags and I go away.

“But it’s far from that because as I told you, I don’t want to be cocky, I scored 60 goals this season(23/24). Then the people say I didn’t score in five matches in the Euros, I scored 130, I’m the most goal scorer in history. I will put the level even higher.”

Ronaldo added: “Soon I will do 900 and, after, I will beat 1,000. I want to reach 1,000 goals. If I don’t have injuries, this, for me, is the most important. I want that.

“It’s the best marker I can have in football. There will be one difference: all of my goals have videos, so I can prove that.”

Featured Image Credit: TNT Sports

Topics: Cristiano Ronaldo, Al Nassr, Football, Champions League, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Pro League

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Marcus Rashford forced to release statement addressing controversial post minutes after England call-up

    The freshly-recalled winger had to release a statement defending his former club after he snubbed them in a celebratory post

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Thomas Tuchel issues response to Harry Maguire's statement about failing to make England squad

    The England boss didn't hold back in his first comments after announcing the World Cup squad

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola accepts next job role after confirming Man City exit in emotional statement

    Guardiola's departure was confirmed on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Three uncapped England players will travel with World Cup squad despite not being picked

    Tuchel has named his 26-man squad, but three extra names will travel to North America.

    Football
  • Cristiano Ronaldo and Rio Ferdinand joke about former Man Utd teammate who used to cry after being 'slapped'
  • Cristiano Ronaldo clarifies Al Nassr future with a year remaining on Saudi Pro League contract
  • Cristiano Ronaldo nearly knocks out cameraman with free kick during Al Nassr victory
  • Cristiano Ronaldo caught up in brawl as Al Nassr players fight opposition after AFC Champions League defeat