sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Chelsea plotting 'new bid' for Moises Caicedo with Liverpool 'prepared to walk away'
Home>Football>Football News>Chelsea
Updated 21:05 11 Aug 2023 GMT+1Published 20:49 11 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Chelsea plotting 'new bid' for Moises Caicedo with Liverpool 'prepared to walk away'

Caicedo has been the subject of interest from Liverpool and Chelsea

Joe Adams

Joe Adams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Chelsea have reopened talks with Brighton over the signing of Moises Caicedo, according to Fabrizio Romano.

Caicedo has been the subject of an incredible transfer saga towards the back-end of the summer transfer window, as Liverpool and Chelsea battle it out for the 21-year-old's signature.

On Thursday night, it was reported that Liverpool had agreed a British record £111 million deal with the Seagulls to sign Caicedo.

However, the Ecuador international was said to be having second thoughts over a move to Anfield and has subsequently informed the club that he only wants to join Chelsea.

Advert

Meanwhile, the Blues are expected to return with an improved bid, claims transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, having had an £80m offer turned down last month. While the Italian confirmed that Liverpool were prepared to walk away from a deal.

Romano tweeted: "Understand Chelsea are now in contact with Brighton to discuss their new bid for Moisés Caicedo. Talks on.

"Liverpool, prepared to walk away from the deal."

To add to the drama, Chelsea also look set to steal Romeo Lavia from Liverpool's grasp following reports that the Blues are close to agreement with Southampton for the 19-year-old midfielder.

The Reds have been long-term admirers of Lavia, having seen three bids rejected already this summer - with the latest worth £45 million.

Chelsea have since arrived on the scene, submitting an offer worth a reported £48m, with Southampton holding firm in their £50m valuation of the player.

However, Sky Sports News have confirmed that the Blues remain in talks with the Championship side, and are close to an agreement for Lavia.

Featured Image Credit: Footy Renders

Topics: Moises Caicedo, Chelsea, Transfers, Football, Fabrizio Romano, Premier League, Liverpool

Joe Adams
Joe Adams

Joe is a Journalist for SPORTbible with a primary focus on football. He has previously covered a number of other sports including boxing, rugby and F1. Wishes he was born left-footed.

X

@joeadamsjourno

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    8 hours ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment explained by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Eddie Keogh/Stringer/Getty
    8 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola praised after speaking about the one regret he's ‘hid deep inside for many years'

    The Manchester City man still thinks about it.

    Football
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Getty
    11 hours ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Chelsea 'close' to agreement with Southampton for Romeo Lavia as Blues hijack Liverpool AGAIN
  • Moises Caicedo has already hinted which team he would join between Liverpool and Chelsea
  • Sky Sports reporter reveals European giants set to rival Liverpool and Chelsea for Moises Caicedo
  • Chelsea plotting move for one of PSG’s ‘undesirables’ as Moises Caicedo alternative