sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Micah Richards shocks Jamie Carragher and Thierry Henry by revealing Ballon d'Or winner he messages
Home>Football>Football News
Updated 20:51 21 Jan 2025 GMTPublished 20:45 21 Jan 2025 GMT

Micah Richards shocks Jamie Carragher and Thierry Henry by revealing Ballon d'Or winner he messages

The former Manchester City defender was part of CBS Sports Golazo's Champions League coverage on Tuesday evening.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Former Manchester City right-back Micah Richards has revealed the Ballon d’Or winner has been messaging on Instagram – and the CBS panel were left baffled by his comments.

Richards, 36, was part of CBS Sports’ live broadcast team alongside Jamie Carragher, Thierry Henry and Kate Scott when he made the shocking admission on Tuesday evening.

Of course, the group are well known for their relaxed approach to broadcasting for the American channel.

Earlier in the broadcast, Carragher, 46, had ripped into Richards after he appeared to sport a fresh haircut.

Advert

"Oh, wow,” said Richards. “I look fantastic, don't I?"

Before the former Liverpool defender quipped that it “doesn’t suit” Richards.

"Could you not have said that off-air?” quipped an amused Richards in response. “Are you not feeling it? It's new year, new me."

However, later in the show, the 36-year-old, who also regularly appears on Sky Sports’ Premier League coverage as well as BBC Sport’s Match of the Day, shocked the members of the CBS panel.

“I spoke to Timothy Weah, I’ve been DMing him on Instagram,” said Richards.

Of course, Weah, 58, played for several top clubs such as Chelsea, PSG and Marseille but is known for his time at AC Milan between 1995 and 2000.

In 1995, he won several individual awards – Ballon d’Or, FIFA World Player of the Year, the Onze d’Or and African Football of the Year – as well as securing the 1995/96 Serie A title under the guidance of Fabio Capello.

"Is he the one who talked you into it?” Carragher asked.

“Yeah he just seems like a really nice guy,” Richards explained.

“Who have you been DMing?” asked host Kate Scott (formerly Kate Abdo) before Richards replied: “Weah.”

Scott, 43, then asked who out of the pair had DMed first before the former Manchester City defender revealed “he did me first actually”.

“What did he say?” questioned Abdo.

“None of your business…thought I’d just share that,” joked Richards.

Since retiring in 2003, Weah has taken up an active role in Liberian politics, becoming the country's president in January 2018 enduring a term of six years in office until January 2024.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Micah Richards, Jamie Carragher, Thierry Henry, Ballon d'Or, CBS Sports

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

6 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    9 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Kate Scott Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction Live on CBS as Thierry Henry Stunned
  • Micah Richards Watches Man City Debut Live on CBS as Carragher Spots Fans ‘Laughing’
  • Thierry Henry walks off CBS set after Jamie Carragher tells Peter Schmeichel to 'leave it'
  • Thierry Henry Names His Clear Ballon d’Or Winner Without Hesitation