sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea put on red alert with club of £150m target now 'prepared to sell'
Home>Football
Published 07:00 30 Nov 2022 GMT

Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea put on red alert with club of £150m target now 'prepared to sell'

Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea have been given a potential boost in their pursuit of West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, according to reports.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea have been given a potential boost in their pursuit of West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, according to reports.

Rice has been one of the top midfielders in the Premier League for several years, combining his exceptional defensive abilities with his passing range and ability to carry the ball forward at pace.

The 23-year-old has been a critical cog in the Hammers side that has qualified for European football in the last two seasons.

He is currently at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar with England, and has started each of the Three Lions' three group stage games, including their 3-0 win over Wales on Tuesday.

Advert

Rice's current contract at West Ham expires in 2024, although the club do have the option to extend that deal by a further 12 months.

Therefore, the Hammers are not currently under major pressure to sell, despite reported interest from United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Rice joined the Blues academy at the age of seven, and stayed there until 2014, when he moved to West Ham. Originally breaking through into the senior team as a centre-back, the 23-year-old quickly adapted to a midfield role.

New reports emerge on Declan Rice future

According to The Telegraph journalist Matt Law, the Hammers are 'preparing to sell' Rice, and he could depart the London Stadium at the end of the current season.

Law told the London is Blue podcast (quotes via TEAMtalk): "Rice, he will definitely, definitely leave West Ham at the end of this season. I'm 100 per cent confident on that.

"West Ham are preparing to sell Declan Rice. I think it'll be about 70 million [pounds].

"Chelsea aren't actually in pole position at the moment for Declan Rice. There are a couple of clubs who have made big plays for Declan Rice."

He went on to claim that he would be 'quite surprised' if another club were to outbid the Blues, and went on to confirm that two unnamed Premier League clubs are ahead of them in the race.

Moyes confirmed earlier this year that Rice would not be sold in the most recent summer transfer window, stating to the Daily Mail: "We wouldn't be taking any [bids], anyway. We've said all along he's not for sale."

Whether West Ham's stance changes this summer remains to be seen.


Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: England, Football World Cup, Premier League, Declan Rice, Manchester United, West Ham United, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 mins ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    2 mins ago

    Man City decide on first two signings under Enzo Maresca as private talks held

    Maresca is set to replace Pep Guardiola as Manchester City manager.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool launch £92m raid for two players from the same club

    Arne Slot is clearly being backed by the board again as he launches another summer of spending

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Xabi Alonso prepared to unleash 6ft 7in Chelsea giant yet to play a game for the club

    The new Chelsea boss is wasting no time in making a massive change to the squad.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    'I've been told...' - Man City to lose third player in mass exodus amid Pep Guardiola exit rumours

    Guardiola is expected to leave Man City at the end of the season - and several more players could follow him out of the door.

    Football
  • 'I was really sad...' - Bruno Fernandes hates that 'perfect' player rejected Man Utd
  • 'Choices were made' - £80million Man Utd midfield target was once previously sold by Ruben Amorim
  • Man Utd on Red Alert as Key Transfer Target Now Available for Cut-Price Fee
  • Man Utd turn attention to cheaper midfield alternative as they refuse to meet price for top target