Incredibly, much to the disappointment, heartache and anger of United fans, Ronaldo has reportedly spoken to Pep Guardiola about his role in City's team.
It is also understood that personal terms have been agreed in principle, with the 36-year-old taking home over £250,000 a week - should the deal be completed, of course.
The Ligue 1 giants, however, were unwilling to go forward, thus lining up Ronaldo’s blockbuster move to the blue side of Manchester.
But with Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy unwilling to negotiate, Kane announced on Wednesday that he would be staying in north London.
Just last week, City were a staggering 16/1 to claim Ronaldo’s sought-after signature, but those odds have now been slashed to just 1/8.
The bookmakers are clearly convinced it's going to happen and we don't fancy betting against them. Is the Manchester derby about to get a lot spicier?
Cristiano Ronaldo next club betting odds
- Manchester City - 1/8
- Juventus - 9/4
- Paris Saint-Germain - 16/1
- Manchester United - 25/1
- Bayern Munich - 28/1
- Tottenham Hotspur 33/1
- Real Madrid 33/1
Odds are correct at the time of publication and are, as always, subject to change. Please gamble responsibly. For more information visit: https://www.begambleaware.org.
Featured Image Credit: PA Images
- Clear favourites to sign Cristiano Ronaldo emerge as odds slashed after Manchester United exit
- Pep Guardiola ‘would have left Man City if Cristiano Ronaldo joined the club’
- Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag 'wants another player out' of Old Trafford after Cristiano Ronaldo exit
- Jorge Mendes 'offers Man Utd £85m replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo'