sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
BREAKING: Antonio Conte has left Spurs after just 16 months in charge
Home>Football
Updated 22:44 26 Mar 2023 GMT+1Published 22:24 26 Mar 2023 GMT+1

breaking

BREAKING: Antonio Conte has left Spurs after just 16 months in charge

Antonio Conte has been sacked by Spurs after a 16-month spell in North London.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Antonio Conte has been relieved of his duties as Tottenham Hotspur manager after a 16-month spell with the North London club.

The 53-year-old Italian, who was appointed Spurs manager in November 2021 following the sacking of Nuno Espirito Santo, ripped into the board and his players on Saturday 18 March following their 3-3 draw with Southampton.

His decision to publicly criticise the club in a press conference was met with fury. In fact, reports emerged suggesting a 'few players' wanted him to be sacked ahead of their next Premier League game against Everton on April 3.

And not long after his verbal tirade, Spurs have decided to part ways with the former Juventus, Chelsea and Inter Milan boss.

In a club statement, Spurs said it was a "mutual agreement" for the former Juventus and Inter Milan man to move on and thanked him for his contribution.

Advert

Chairman Daniel Levy commented: “We have 10 Premier League games remaining and we have a fight on our hands for a Champions League place. We all need to pull together. Everyone has to step up to ensure the highest possible finish for our Club and amazing, loyal supporters.”

Cristian Stellini, Conte's right-hand man, is to be serve as acting head coach until the end of the campaign. The 48-year-old had been carrying out the role as he recovered from gallbladder surgery.

Former midfielder Ryan Mason will be Stellini's assistant and Spurs will look to name a permanent replacement at the end of the season.

Spurs currently occupy fourth spot in the Premier League but are just two points clear of Newcastle, who have two games in hand.

They were knocked out of the Champions League at the round of 16 following a drab 1-0 aggregate loss to AC Milan.

Conte finishes his Spurs stint with a 54% win ratio, emerging victorious in 41 of the 76 games he was in charge of.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Antonio Conte, Italy, Tottenham Hotspur

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Final Champions League spot could be decided by play-off as unthinkable scenario unfolds

    This has never happened before, but it's genuinely possible with a game left to play in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years

    Arsenal are the 2026 Premier League champions and Rice made sure to celebrate.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    'I've studied Pep for a while' - Micah Richards reacts to Pep Guardiola's response to exit rumours

    Richards also said Manchester City's players went against the club's ethos as they surrendered the Premier League title to Arsenal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football
  • Antonio Conte Hits Back After Napoli Player Admits He's Only Spoken to Him Once
  • Antonio Conte Has Shown Kevin De Bruyne What Happens if He Doesn't Heed Warning
  • Antonio Conte Has Given Kevin De Bruyne List of Rules to Follow as Warning Issued
  • Antonio Conte Aims Dig at Man Utd Over Rasmus Hojlund After Another Napoli Goal