Punter Cashes Out Early For £14 And Misses Out On An Incredible £24,000
A football fan's weekend has taken a real turn for the worse after missing out on the opportunity to win more than £24K.
Oh, yes. It's not the first time that we've seen someone miss out on a big bet coming through, but this one might have honestly topped anything we've ever seen before.
In this case, the punter dropped a £1 bet on a 15-fold accumulator, with the return coming in at a whopping £24,641.22.
Posted below is the complete list of fixtures that the fan betted on, with all of the results coming in exactly as they predicted that it would.
- Tottenham Hotspur (win) vs Crystal Palace
- Chelsea (win) vs Brighton & Hove Albion
- Accrington Stanley vs Sunderland (win)
- Maidenhead United vs Barnet (win)
- Maidstone United vs Salford City (win)
- Rangers (win) vs Hearts
- St Mirren vs Celtic (win)
- Athletic Bilbao (win) vs Levante
- Bournemouth vs Burnley (win)
- Norwich City (win) vs Queens Park Rangers
- Birmingham City (win) vs Leeds United
- Millwall (win) vs West Bromwich Albion
- Aston Villa (win) vs Sheffield United
- Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic (win)
- Portsmouth (win) vs Wycombe Wanderers
Unfortunately for the punter, they decided to cash out at £14.32. Yes, the fan really, really messed up on this one!
Of course, the decision to cash out on the bet has left many, many fans scratching their heads.
"You can't even get a Domino's with £14," one user wrote on Facebook.
Someone else said: "People who cash out deserve everything they get. Bookies' best friend."
A third wrote: "Anyone who cashes out before the 85th minute of the last game should be ashamed of themselves."
A fourth added: "You wouldn't even tell anyone that. Cashing out for £14."
While this punter has had a night to forget, one football fan recently had a bizarre dream and decided to put a bet on it, only for it to turn out very much in their favour.
What did you make of the bet?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA/Footy Accumulators