sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Barcelona are unable to register new signing Marcos Alonso as star refuses to leave the club
Home>Football
Updated 16:30 1 Sep 2022 GMT+1Published 15:56 1 Sep 2022 GMT+1

Barcelona are unable to register new signing Marcos Alonso as star refuses to leave the club

The club are in a race against the clock to register players.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Barcelona have so far failed in their attempts to offload left back Jordi Alba, which could prevent them from registering potential new signing Marcos Alonso. 

If Alba agrees to an exit on deadline day, it will pave the way for Barcelona to offload Pierre Emerick Aubameyang to Chelsea and in turn, bring in Alonso. 

The Stamford Bridge club have reportedly offered £6.4 million plus Alonso for the transfer of Aubameyang. 

It has been reported that Barcelona want Alonso and personal terms have been agreed between the player and the club. 

BREAKING: Chelsea have reached an agreement with Barcelona to sign striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 🔵✍️ pic.twitter.com/jPCCs0ZiiM

— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) September 1, 2022

However, the club are unsure whether they can register Alonso and a right back that they are prioritising. 

Advert

Barcelona are now trying to find a solution to solve Alba’s future. Italian Serie A powerhouse Inter Milan have been linked with a move for the 33-year-old, but the Spaniard has so far refused to enter negotiations as he has no interests in leaving the Camp Nou. 

With Alba staying, Barcelona could potentially have three left backs in their ranks if Alonso completes a move to Catalonia, including Alejandro Balde, who started Xavi’s side’s past two La Liga games. 

According to reports, Barcelona are holding out for one last bid for Aubameyang, believed to be in the region of £10.4 million plus Alonso. 

Image
Alamy

With Barcelona extremely close to the La Liga permitted squad spend, Xavi will have to settle for the cheapest option for a right back signing. 

Former Arsenal man Hector Bellerin is reportedly close to agreeing a move to the Spanish giants. 

Xavi is thought to have preferred Belgian former Paris Saint Germain player Thomas Meunier. 

Hector Bellerín to Barcelona, here we go! Been told it’s all agreed, one year contract with NO option for further season. Bellerín will sign until June 2023 in the next hours. 🚨🔵🔴 #FCB #DeadlineDay

Medical scheduled, contract will be terminated by mutual consent with Arsenal. pic.twitter.com/4ezoTWm2vH

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) September 1, 2022

It has been a busy summer for Barcelona, they have been splashing the cash on players amid their well documented financial troubles. 

To date, the club have secured the services of Franck Kessie, Andreas Christensen, Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha and Jules Kounde. 

Kounde made his debut for Barcelona in the 4-0 win against Real Valladolid. 

After the game, Xavi praised the Frenchman’s performance. 

He said: “When we talk about Kounde, we're speaking about a player that can mark an era at Barca. 

“He can do everything, play out from the back, has personality, leadership, can play in any defensive position. We've made a great signing.” 

Image
Alamy

On Lewandowski, Xavi said: “I think Lewandoski is an extraordinary player. He is a natural leader and a born worker. He is an example for the squad. 

“Apart from the goals, I want to highlight Lewandowski's timing. He has the ball and protects it often.” 

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Barcelona, Jordi Alba, La Liga, Marcos Alonso

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Xabi Alonso names two Chelsea players he refuses to sell after signing contract
  • Barcelona set to poach Premier League star as Robert Lewandowski replacement
  • Barcelona star 'ready to go to war' with club for 'leaking info' will 'only terminate contract if they pay huge sum'
  • Marcos Alonso could make Premier League return with Barcelona 'unable to register' former Chelsea star

Choose your content:

26 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    26 mins ago

    'Secret' England player joining World Cup squad is revealed after Thomas Tuchel remained tight-lipped

    Thomas Tuchel said he could not name the player in his press conference but word has got out.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Atalanta issue Ederson transfer update after Man Utd 'agreement'

    Manchester United are reportedly closing in on a Serie A transfer deal

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    European club 'planning legal action' against Southampton over spygate scandal

    The spygate ripple effect has reportedly reached Germany after Championship play-off scandal

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Harry Kane intervened and made sure Thomas Tuchel picked one player for England squad

    Three Lions player's name 'came up constantly' despite Tuchel's anger over attitude in training

    Football