'They are still...' - Journalist gives significant update on Arsenal's Caicedo pursuit
| Last updated
The new agents of Brighton star Moises Caicedo are still exploring a move away for the Ecuador international in January, with Arsenal interested, according to journalist Ben Jacobs.
Caicedo has been heavily linked throughout the window to both the Gunners and Chelsea, who have each had bids rejected by Brighton.
The Seagulls have stated that the 21-year-old, who has made 18 Premier League appearances this term, is not for sale.
On Friday, however, Caicedo released a lengthy statement on his social media accounts requesting to leave the club.
Within the now-deleted statement, he wrote: "I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.
"The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take up this magnificent opportunity."
He did not play any part in Sunday's 2-1 FA Cup win over Liverpool, and has reportedly been told not to report for training until the January transfer window closes.
Speaking prior to the match, Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi gave an update on Caicedo's future: "For everyone, there are many solutions. We will see the best solution for the club, for him and for us."
Caicedo agents 'exploring' Arsenal move
CBS Sports reporter Jacobs has issued the latest update on Caicedo's future, and claims that the player's agents are exploring new destinations for the 21-year-old. "Brighton don't want to sell, although Roberto De Zerbi was a little softer in his pre-match wording. Arsenal and Chelsea could yet move again before the window shuts. Caicedo's new agents remain active."
Jacobs added that a bid of £75 million would 'test Brighton's resolve', although the club are yet to reveal their asking price to any club.
He continued: "Brighton yesterday directly told Arsenal Caicedo isn't for sale. Arsenal did not place a new bid yesterday I am told. They robustly rejected Chelsea's bid, too.
"Caicedo's agents haven't given up, though. They are still trying everything possible for their new client."
The Ecuadorian sparked interest earlier this week when it was confirmed that he would be represented by football agency Futbol Division going forward.
The agency tweeted: "New signing. We are very proud to announce the World Class player, Moises Caicedo, as a new player represented by FD. By welcome Moises! We hope to achieve even greater challenges together."
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
Topics: Premier League, Arsenal, Brighton And Hove Albion, Chelsea, Transfers
- "Brighton's stance..." - Sky Sports journalist drops Caicedo update as 'Arsenal bid rejected'
- "They will..." - Romano rates Arsenal's chances of signing Brighton star as Man Utd enter the race
- Fans can't believe the low wages Moises Caicedo is on at Brighton, as they attempt to keep him from Arsenal
- Roberto De Zerbi drops fresh update on Caicedo future as Arsenal target not included in Brighton squad