• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
F1 boss issues statement on Max Verstappen's future as official meeting held

Home> F1

Published 12:21 20 Feb 2026 GMT

F1 boss issues statement on Max Verstappen's future as official meeting held

Max Verstappen's Formula 1 future is the talk of the town again.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The president of Formula 1, Stefano Domenicali, has delivered an update on Max Verstappen's future in the sport after a meeting was held.

Over the last few weeks, Verstappen has been vocal about the major changes made to the sport's technical regulations.

In 2026, cars will be more reliant on battery power, and drivers will be tasked with deciding when and how hard they brake during a lap.

Braking is a crucial part of recharging the battery, which in turn, will give the drivers more power for overtaking.

Advert

Speaking about the new regulations last week, Verstappen claimed that the changes are making F1 into 'Formula E on steroids'.

On Thursday, Verstappen told the Up to Speed Podcast that he is 'definitely closer to the end' when asked whether he has set a timeframe on his potential F1 exit.

Max Verstappen on track in Bahrain. Image: Getty
Max Verstappen on track in Bahrain. Image: Getty

However, F1 boss Domenicali has now stated that Verstappen 'will be' involved in the future of the sport.

According to Sky Sports, Domenicali and Verstappen held talks on Wednesday in Bahrain.

Domenicali said: "I met with Max. We know Max will be part of the future of Formula 1. It is very important we listen to him, as we do with all of the top drivers.

"He has a way of saying something that can be interpreted in a certain way. But I can guarantee to you that Max wants and does care about Formula 1 more than anyone else."

Domenicali then shed light on the details of his meeting with Verstappen, branding the conversation as 'constructive'.

The Italian continued: "I had a very constructive meeting with him, and we will have a very constructive meeting with the FIA and with the teams to highlight the point of view as to what he believes needs to be done, which is to keep the driving style at the centre without changing the approach.

"The evolution behind the technology of the car requires a different way of driving the cars. That has happened in the past, and it will happen in the future, too. I am pretty sure when we sit down in the middle of the year, or the end of the year, you will see different comments. This is normal in Formula 1."

Max Verstappen is already a four-time F1 world champion. Image: Getty
Max Verstappen is already a four-time F1 world champion. Image: Getty

Having won four world titles so far in his career, Verstappen previously told SPORTbible that he had already achieved everything he wanted to in F1.

When quizzed on how he aims to keep Verstappen on the F1 grid for as long as possible, Domenicali said: "Because I have a very good relationship with Max.

"I know him very, very well. I spend a lot of time with him. That is the reason, full stop. And he loves Formula 1, there's no doubt about it."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Formula 1, Max Verstappen, Red Bull Racing

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
18 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Mercedes make radical car change in Bahrain test after Ferrari 'loophole' found

    Mercedes have followed Ferrari's lead on day three in Bahrain.

    F1
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Honda issue emergency statement after Fernando Alonso incident at F1 test event

    Fernando Alonso caused a red flag after an issue on his Aston Martin.

    F1
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Max Verstappen drops bombshell F1 exit update during Bahrain testing

    The four-time F1 champion has already claimed that the new regulations have made the sport less enjoyable to take part in.

    F1
  • Getty / F1TV
    18 hours ago

    Lewis Hamilton leaves everyone stunned with what he did at end of F1 testing

    Hamilton was the sole Ferrari driver on track in Bahrain during day two.

    F1
  • Lewis Hamilton tipped for shock career change to take part in Winter Olympics
  • Max Verstappen Makes Astonishing F1 Quit Claim in Explosive Press Conference
  • F1 journalist drops major bombshell on Max Verstappen's future as 2026 decision '100% decided'
  • Max Verstappen Spotted Using Never-Before-Seen Trick at 2026 Bahrain Test