Luke Littler again addressed reactions from the crowd after reaching the World Darts Championship semi-finals on Thursday night.
The reigning world champion trounced Polish player Krzysztof Ratajski 5-0 at Alexandra Palace to set up a semi-final with Ryan Searle on Friday.
Littler, who averaged 100.04 in his last match, has already bagged £100,000 for reaching the final four but is gunning to retain his title and take the £1 million prize.
'The Nuke' is the clear favourite but in his round of 16 win over Rob Cross, Littler had a memorable meltdown on stage when the 18-year-old snapped at the crowd for booing him.
When the whistles continued as he gave his post-match interview, Littler stirred the crowd again when he said: "Really not bothered. Can I just say one thing? You guys pay for tickets, and you pay for my prize money, so thanks for booing me."
Littler's comments, which he softened in his press conference, garnered coverage on ESPN on The Pat McAfee Show after becoming a huge talking point in sport.
His mum, Lisa, hit out at the crowd in an x-rated social media comment, calling the fans "vile t**ts".
Littler has made it to the World Darts Championship semi-finals. Image: Getty However, the world No.1 was not subjected to the same level of boos in his win over Ratajski and despite revealing he "always wants to be a character" when playing, he made it clear that he wants the fans on his side.
"It's a new year," Littler said in his press conference after.
"A few boos here and there but as soon as I got on stage the crowd were absolutely unbelievable. Leading up to it, family and friends were just like, 'Whatever happens, happens' and as soon as I got on stage I clapped everyone so they know I want them on my side again. They were on my side tonight and I got the job done so hopefully it's the same again tomorrow.
"I am growing as a player mentally. I know how to deal with it and I think the Rob Cross game definitely tested me. But yeah, I got through it. In future games, I know how to deal with it and get past it."
Littler is looking to join Phil Taylor and Gary Anderson in lifting back-to-back world titles and is set to be on the stage at around 9pm for his semi-final.
In his presser, the No.1 ranked world player revealed that he is keeping up the same tradition which he had last year when he went all the way.
Whereas he stayed in the Hilton hotel with the majority of the players for his debut tournament, Littler has again been staying in a rented house with his family for the showpiece.
'The Nuke' is vying to join Phil Taylor and Gary Anderson in becoming a back-to-back champion. Image: Getty But to the surprise of many, he elected against bringing a practice board and has instead relied on doing the business under the lights.
“I’ve been lazy in the house. I should have brought a board down," Littler admitted.
“It worked well last year. We stayed in a house last year, and it worked.
“Against [Luke] Humphries in the first one, we were in the Hilton, the players hotel with dartboards. Last year, house with no dartboards I won it. This year, no board, we’ll see what happens.”