To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
It's probably unsurprising to hear that championship leader Lewis Hamilton is the highest earner among every Formula 1 driver.
It makes sense, right?
He's the sport's poster boy at the moment and is bulldozing his way through age-old F1 records like there's no tomorrow.
But interestingly, he's not actually earning that much more than the chasing pack.
Well, by that we mean the second and third highest earners.
Seven-time world champion Hamilton rakes in a reported AU$76million from his deal with Mercedes.
And that's not even factoring in his countless sponsorships, most notably with global sportswear giants Puma and fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger.
But according to Business Book GP who published their findings from a financial report, Ferrari star Sebastian Vettel isn't too far being his British rival when it comes to pay cheques.
The German takes home a reported AU$57million by driving in the famous red car belonging to Ferrari.
As for the third-highest earner, that accolade belongs to Australia's very own Daniel Ricciardo who took home a reported AU$32million from Renault before he eventually joins McLaren for next season.
Every F1 driver's salary for the 2020 season (all figures in AUD):
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): $76M
2. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): $57M
3. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault): $32M
4. Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing): $26M
5. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): $15M
6. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari): $15M
7. Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo): $10M
8. Carlos Sainz (McLaren): $7M
9. Sergio Perez (Racing Point): $6M
10. Esteban Ocon (Renault): $6M
11. Romain Grosjean (Haas): $3.2M
12. Kevin Magnussen (Haas): $3.2M
13. Alex Albon (Red Bull): $3.2M
14. Lando Norris (McLaren): $2.4M
15. Lance Stroll (Racing Point): $2.4M
16. Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri): $2.4M
17. Daniil Kvyat (Alpha Tauri): $2.4M
18. George Russell (Williams): $1.2M
19. Nicholas Latifi (Williams): $1.2M
20. Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo): $800K
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read