sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
WWE release third wrestler in 48 hours after R-Truth and Carlito departures
Home>Wrestling>WWE
Published 11:59 3 Jun 2025 GMT+1

WWE release third wrestler in 48 hours after R-Truth and Carlito departures

Another WWE release has been confirmed, with a wrestler posting an emotional statement about their contract not being renewed.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A third WWE superstar has confirmed her release in an emotional statement on social media - bringing the 2025 total exits to 39.

In a 24-hour period, WWE veterans R-Truth and Carlito confirmed their departures from the professional wrestling juggernaut - stunning fans with the news.

Truth, who recently wrestled John Cena for the undisputed WWE championship, is leaving the company after a 17-year run - while Carlito is moving on for a second time and has already captured a title with another promotion.

Both stars took to social media to share statements on their departures but on Monday night, a third performer announced that their contract was not being renewed.

Advert

Sarah Logan, who wrestled under the name Valhalla, said she was left in "tears" and her ego "damaged" after being told her contract wasn't going to be extended.

Logan, whose real-life husband Erik is part of WWE tag team the War Raiders, appeared to hint at calling time on her wrestling news and focusing on family and other interests after the news.

WWE superstar Valhalla announced that her new contract isn't being renewed. Image: Getty
WWE superstar Valhalla announced that her new contract isn't being renewed. Image: Getty

WWE star issues emotional statement on release

"I come to you with tears in my eyes cause our time has come to a sudden end," Logan wrote on Instagram.

"WWE informed me yesterday that they are letting my contract expire. To be completely honest my ego can’t help but be damaged. You always assume that when you end a lifelong career there is going to be a grand exit. But here I am, using the notes app on my phone typing up a goodbye letter to an entity that will forget I was even there. I truly take no offense to this, my career as it was is getting usurped by my vocation and it’s all on a Divine timeline that I I trust deeply.

"I’ll definitely miss you but know I’ll be taken care of by my wonderful husband, by the land you provided for me and alongside the children I’ve made along the way. I’m going to take off the weight of being a superstar and let myself soar being just Sarah.

"She’s been growing on me and it’s time I let her fully cultivate. I love all the people you’ve brought into my life but my social media page won’t be about you anymore. It will share only the parts of me that I wish and none of that will be wrestling. I’m more of a clean break kinda girl and the other calls to me will be taking my full attention. With all my love, Sarah."

Logan's post was met with a flurry of positive comments from her former peers. The 31-year-old debuted on the main roster in 2016 was last on WWE programming last year.

She recently became a mother for the second time - though her other half Erik had revealed she was training for a return to action.

WWE have been administering cuts across the board for a while now, with a total of 39 talents relieved of their duties this year alone - more than 2024's amount.

The base salary for main roster talent is believed to be at $350,000-a-year and so trimming the roster is an easy way for WWE to free up funds.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: WWE, Wrestling, Triple H

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Recommended reads

Ronnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'GettyAteba Gautier was called the 'future' by Joe Rogan, but he's more interested in what his cats thinkMike Roach/Zuffa LLC

Advert

  • WWE fans furious with latest release of wrestler who nobody expected to be let go
  • All 38 WWE exits in 2025 revealed as two huge stars confirm imminent departures
  • Second WWE superstar 'released' in 24 hours during brutal cuts and fans are furious
  • The Rock hated WWE superstar so much they were never booked to face each other and fought for real backstage instead

Choose your content:

10 hours ago
7 days ago
9 days ago
11 days ago
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Former WWE star reveals she had to follow strict cleavage rule

    The former WWE star said she felt it was a "form of objectification".

    Wrestling
  • Michael Owens/WWE via Getty Images
    7 days ago

    John Cena makes groundbreaking announcement that will change WWE forever

    The WWE legend has revealed the organisation is making a HUGE change.

    Wrestling
  • Getty
    9 days ago

    WWE confirm if Brock Lesnar's retirement is real or not with subtle move

    Brock Lesnar left his gloves and boots in the ring at WrestleMania 42 in Las Vegas.

    Wrestling
  • Getty Images
    11 days ago

    Donald Trump slammed for statement after death of wrestling legend

    Donald Trump has been criticised for his statement following the death of a wrestling legend.

    Wrestling