Advert

Latest

3 minutes ago
Advert
5 minutes ago
Advert

Most Popular

4 hours ago
Advert

Sky Sports Will Let Customers Pause Their Subscription For Free

Sky Sports Will Let Customers Pause Their Subscription For Free

The coronavirus has caused sporting leagues to call off matches and tournaments all around the world.

As a result, Sky Sports has allowed people to pause their subscription for free because viewers technically won't have much to watch in the coming weeks and months.

In a statement, the network said: "While we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will eventually go ahead, if you wish to pause your sports subscription in the meantime you will not be charged a fee to do so or be held to any notice period.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA
Advert

"Meanwhile we continue to provide high quality content across all of our 11 sports channels."

People who wish to do this need to do it on the phone rather than online.

The statement continued: "We'd love more people to experience Sky, but for the time being we're focusing our attention and resources on making sure we do our very best for our existing customers.

"Whether this is prioritising the calls coming into our call centres, improving our online service, or sending our engineers on visits to your home to keep your services up and running."

Advert

Sky Sports delivers the Premier League, English Football League, Scottish football, rugby league, Formula 1, cricket and golf, however loads of these have been called off due to Covid-19.

The Premier League has been postponed until at least April 3 and Euro 2020 has been suspended until next year.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA

Last night it was confirmed that Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi became the first Premier League player to test positive.

Advert

Meantime, the Euros, set to take place this summer, has been moved to 11 June 2021, with the intention of allowing countries to finish their domestic seasons following the uncertainty brought about by the coronavirus pandemic.

Yesterday it was announced that the Grand National would not be going ahead this year.

The news was confirmed by The Jockey Club, which said the decision was not taken lightly.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA
Advert

Sandy Dudgeon, senior steward of The Jockey Club, said: "Public health must come first. We were working on a plan to stage the Grand National behind closed doors given its importance to the racing industry and beyond, but following the new government measures confirmed this evening to help to tackle the coronavirus outbreak, this is not a viable option.

"I know this is hugely disappointing news for the many people who work in our sport and the many millions who were looking forward to this year's event, but very sadly these are exceptional times and this is the responsible thing to do."

Who knows what sporting tournament, league or cup will be suspended next due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports

Topics: News, coronavirus

Stewart Perrie

Stewart Perrie is a Trending Journalist at LADbible. His first job was as a newsreader and journalist at the award winning Sydney radio station, Macquarie Radio. He was solely responsible for the content broadcast on multiple stations across Australia when the MH17, Germanwings and AirAsia disasters unfolded. Stewart has covered the conflict in Syria for LADbible, interviewing a doctor on the front line, and has contributed to the hugely successful UOKM8 campaign.

 

Next Up

The Highest Earning Top 50 Athletes Last Year

The Highest Earning Top 50 Athletes Last Year

5 months ago