• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Conor McGregor's UFC return finally 'confirmed' as bombshell drops over his next fight

Home> MMA> UFC> UFC News

Updated 10:08 16 Jul 2025 GMT+1Published 10:05 16 Jul 2025 GMT+1

Conor McGregor's UFC return finally 'confirmed' as bombshell drops over his next fight

Conor McGregor has not fought for UFC since July 2021 when he was beaten by Dustin Poirier in Las Vegas.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

Plans for Conor McGregor's UFC return have been revealed after a bombshell was dropped by David Feldman, the president of Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship.

McGregor has been in the news for all of the wrong reasons of late, having been spotted kissing a mystery woman on a beach as well as being accused of sending unsolicited nude pictures to a female rapper.

His various misdemeanours and controversies have threatened to overshadow his MMA career, with McGregor not fighting in UFC since a 2021 defeat to Dustin Poirier - where he broke his leg in the first round.

After signing up as a coach for the Ultimate Fighter for the second, the Irishman was slated to face Michael Chandler at UFC 303 but McGregor pulled out after suffering a broken toe.

Advert

The 37-year-old has regularly teased a return to the Octagon but Dana White has often poured cold water on any talk.

However, on Tuesday night, Feldman, who is business with McGregor in the BKFC promotion, gave a major update when appearing on The Ariel Helwani Show.

Conor McGregor hasn't fought since July 2021. Image: Getty
Conor McGregor hasn't fought since July 2021. Image: Getty

Having seen him face off against former UFC fighter Mike Perry, Feldman was asked whether fans could see McGregor make his debut in BKFC but proceeded to reveal that McGregor told him he has returned to the UFC testing pool ahead of a huge comeback on the planned White House card.

Advert

"He’s got two fights left on his contract," Feldman said.

"He’s got to get right. The whole world’s waiting: Is he going to get in shape and fight?

"He told me in person. He whispered in my ear, he said, 'I'm in the testing pool.' He said, 'I'm getting ready to make my comeback. I'm going to fight on that big card and then I'm gonna have another fight and then we can talk.'

Earlier this month, President Donald Trump shared plans for a mammoth card to be held on the grounds of the White House in Washington, DC to mark the 250th anniversary of American Independence on 4 July 2026.

Advert

Conor McGregor was in attendance at Donald Trump's inauguration. Image: Getty
Conor McGregor was in attendance at Donald Trump's inauguration. Image: Getty

McGregor and Jon Jones, who reversed his retirement decision, have both expressed interest in competing at an event which White believes will be the most memorable in UFC history.

"Like when we did the Sphere. It's the Sphere on steroids," White said on The Pat McAfee Show on Tuesday.

"It's gonna be a one-of-one event. There'll be nothing like it ever again."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Conor McGregor, UFC

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 days ago
5 days ago
  • Getty ImagesGetty Images
    2 hours ago

    Conor McGregor receives huge offer for UFC return fight at the White House

    Conor McGregor has received a mouth-watering offer from a UFC legend to fight him at the White House

    MMA
  • KickKick
    3 days ago

    Brendan Schaub facing backlash from fans over comments about Raja Jackson and Syko Stu incident

    The former MMA fighter has given his take on the incident.

    MMA
  • Happy Punch/XHappy Punch/X
    3 days ago

    Rampage Jackson speaks out on Syko Stu attack as revealing comment made about son Raja

    The former UFC fighter has given his honest take on the current situation.

    MMA
  • Instagram/@TheNotoriousMMAInstagram/@TheNotoriousMMA
    5 days ago

    UFC fans spot strange detail in Conor McGregor photo with David Beckham

    UFC fans were quick to react to Conor McGregor's picture with David Beckham, making the very same observation.

    MMA
  • Conor McGregor spotted with mystery woman 'he kissed' for second time after fiancee Dee Devlin speaks out
  • Conor McGregor could finally make UFC return in blockbuster event as leaked DM sends fans into meltdown
  • Dillon Danis speaks out on Conor McGregor after alleged nude photos of UFC fighter 'leaked' by rapper
  • Conor McGregor publicly addresses rapper posting alleged ‘x-rated photo’ of UFC star on social media