sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Conor McGregor refuses to answer question from journalist in awkward interview after meeting with Donald Trump
Home>MMA>UFC>UFC News
Updated 10:28 18 Mar 2025 GMTPublished 10:26 18 Mar 2025 GMT

Conor McGregor refuses to answer question from journalist in awkward interview after meeting with Donald Trump

The former UFC champion spoke with the American President in a visit to the White House on St Patrick's Day.

Ben McCrum

Ben McCrum

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Conor McGregor completely blanked a reporter after they asked a question in an awkward interview following after his meeting with Donald Trump.

On Monday, US President Trump former UFC champion McGregor to the White House to celebrate St Patrick’s Day and speak about illegal immigration into Ireland.

The visit has been met with mixed reception, particularly given that McGregor was found liable of assaulting Nikita Hand by a civil court jury in Dublin last year.

And now, more footage of the Irishman's trip to the White House have emerged, as he was seen awkwardly dodging a question from a journalist as he left his meeting with Trump.

Advert

During McGregor's visit to the White House, press secretary Karoline Leavitt claimed that she could think of no better person to have as a guest on Saint Patrick's Day, but that feeling was not shared by many people.

Irish Taoiseach Micheal Martin said that McGregor's views were incorrect and that he did not reflect the views of the Irish people, while many members of the public expressed distaste at the former UFC star being promoted following the result of the trial last year.

And when asked by Sky's David Blevins to respond to these fans, McGregor quickly made it clear that he would not address these concerns.

As McGregor left the White House, Blevins asked: "What do you say to people who feel it is inappropriate for you to be here given..."

But the 36-year-old quickly interrupted the journalist, walking away while saying: "God bless Ireland, God bless America!"

Hand, from Dublin, accused the UFC fighter of raping her at a hotel in the Irish capital after a Christmas night out back in December 2018.

McGregor denied all allegations but was found liable and ordered to pay Hand more than €248,000 in damages.

Conor McGregor spoke at the White House about illegal immigration in Ireland. (Image: Getty)
Conor McGregor spoke at the White House about illegal immigration in Ireland. (Image: Getty)

Responding to the comments Martin about his visit, McGregor said: "I am an employer of almost 300 people in the country of Ireland, he's an employer of none. Every available metric has shown that the government of Ireland has failed the people of Ireland.

"In 10 years Dublin city centre has gone from one of the safest cities in Europe to one of the most dangerous.

"So shame on him for saying that, speaking down on an Irishman. I won’t speak about him personally, or throw a jab - I could, I could throw many jabs at him.

"I speak on the metrics and the metrics show they have failed the people of Ireland and don't represent them."

Featured Image Credit: Sky News

Topics: Conor McGregor, UFC

Ben McCrum
Ben McCrum

Ben is a sports journalist who specialises in football, Formula One and MMA. He has written for publications such as Manchester Evening News, WiganToday, Manchester World and beIN Sports. Throughout his career, he has interviewed top athletes including Gareth Southgate, Luke Littler, Tom Aspinall and Jenson Button.

X

@benmcc14

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

23 days ago
24 days ago
25 days ago
  • Getty
    23 days ago

    Ariel Helwani left stunned as former UFC star admits wild pre-fight superstition that his children 'don't like'

    Ariel Helwani was in disbelief as the MMA fighter revealed the never-before-seen ritual.

    MMA
  • Stacy Revere/Getty Images/Stungunkim
    23 days ago

    New Conor McGregor sparring footage leaks as comeback fight date and opponent confirmed

    The former UFC champion is back in training camp following the confirmation of his comeback fight.

    MMA
  • Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC
    24 days ago

    Ariel Helwani confirms Conor McGregor return as date and opponent named

    The former UFC champion will finally make his return to the octagon against an unexpected opponent.

    MMA
  • Getty
    25 days ago

    UFC fans convinced Paddy Pimblett has leaked his next opponent

    The Liverpudlian has not fought since losing to Justin Gaethje in January.

    MMA
  • 'Beyond washed' - New Conor McGregor training footage leaves fans still concerned
  • Conor McGregor pushed for UFC rule change that hasn't been in use since 2019
  • Conor McGregor called out by UFC record holder that many think won't be broken
  • Nate Diaz explains the real reason he rejected Conor McGregor trilogy fight