sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Conor McGregor axed from computer game after sexual assault verdict against UFC fighter
Home>MMA>UFC
Updated 16:42 25 Nov 2024 GMTPublished 16:06 25 Nov 2024 GMT

Conor McGregor axed from computer game after sexual assault verdict against UFC fighter

McGregor was found liable for assault on Friday 22 November.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Conor McGregor has been dropped by the producers of a video game following last week’s verdict that he assaulted a woman.

Last Friday, a jury found McGregor, 36, had assaulted Nikita Hand in a hotel in Dublin in December 2018.

The UFC fighter was ordered to pay Ms Hand more than €248,000 (£206,000) in damages as per BBC.

The jury in a civil court case at The High Court in Dublin, Ireland, had deliberated for a day before returning their verdict following eight days of evidence and three days listening to closing speeches and the judge's comments.

Advert

Now, it has emerged that IO Interactive has decided to drop McGregor from a video game.

A mission, involving McGregor's character, returned to the game earlier in November.

The Irishman’s voice was used for The Disruptor character in the Hitman game.

While a Disruptor pack allowed permanent access to character.

Conor McGregor leaving court on Friday (Credit:Getty)
Conor McGregor leaving court on Friday (Credit:Getty)

"In light of the recent court ruling regarding Conor McGregor, IO Interactive has made the decision to cease its collaboration with the athlete, effective immediately,” a statement read.

"We take this matter very seriously and cannot ignore its implications.

"Consequently, we will begin removing all content featuring Mr. McGregor from our storefronts starting today."

After hearing the verdict, McGregor made no comment and shook his head before he left the court but did release a statement on social media.

“I will be appealing today’s decision,” he wrote.

"I am with my family now, focused on my future.

"Thank you to all my support worldwide.”

Ms Hand spoke outside the court on Friday and explained how she hoped that the case would allow victims of assault to keep "pushing forward for justice".

“I hope my story is a reminder that no matter how afraid you might be, speak up, you have a voice and keep on fighting for justice,” she said.

“I know this has impacted not only my life, my daughter’s, my family and friends tremendously.

“It’s something that I’ll never forget for the rest of my life."

“Now that justice has been served, I can now try and move on and look forward to the future with my family and friends and daughter," she added.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Conor McGregor, UFC

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

24 days ago
25 days ago
  • Getty
    24 days ago

    Ariel Helwani left stunned as former UFC star admits wild pre-fight superstition that his children 'don't like'

    Ariel Helwani was in disbelief as the MMA fighter revealed the never-before-seen ritual.

    MMA
  • Stacy Revere/Getty Images/Stungunkim
    24 days ago

    New Conor McGregor sparring footage leaks as comeback fight date and opponent confirmed

    The former UFC champion is back in training camp following the confirmation of his comeback fight.

    MMA
  • Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC
    25 days ago

    Ariel Helwani confirms Conor McGregor return as date and opponent named

    The former UFC champion will finally make his return to the octagon against an unexpected opponent.

    MMA
  • Getty
    25 days ago

    UFC fans convinced Paddy Pimblett has leaked his next opponent

    The Liverpudlian has not fought since losing to Justin Gaethje in January.

    MMA